Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2010, 02:39 PM

1,904 posts, read 3,988,497 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by treedonkey View Post
I think Castle Rock is a fine town, as suburbs go, but please don't exaggerate things to make it sound better than it is.

Unless you're talking about flying, there is NO WAY you can reach downtown COS in 35 minutes, even if you're starting your timer from the Plum Creek freeway entrance. I live good half hour south of that (about 20 minutes of freeway time from entrance to exit) and it takes me nearly a half hour of freeway time to reach the Uintah St. exit, which is still north of downtown, and does not even count extra driving time from there to your destination. As for going to Denver, if you only count freeway time MAYBE it would take a half hour before you reached Invesco Field, but that doesn;t even count any time on surface streets which could easily total another half hour if your home and your destination are not both right off the freeway. Also, there' no way you're getting into the Mountains (assuming you're talking about taking that dirt road up through Deckers) in 20 minutes.
I agree. I worked in the very Northern part of the Springs (Glen Eagle exit) and it took me 35 minutes in the morning (5:30-6am) and probably 40-45 minutes to get home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado