U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2010, 05:44 PM

14,131 posts, read 26,246,015 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzlover View Post
Uh, no. And, in the United States or Canada (rather than Great Britain or other places), you don't "drive" a locomotive, you "run" one. Saying "drive" will flag you as a non-railroad-savvy person right off the bat..
So that dude behind the wheel's not driving?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2010, 07:12 PM

4,888 posts, read 8,899,377 times
To the OP:

Dude, it seems like you're stuck on research and statistics and you're not going to get anywhere. If you really wanna move to a mountain town, I think you need to just pick one, move there and see what happens.

Old 01-21-2010, 07:22 PM

2,561 posts, read 4,867,738 times
Stay away from the 900 pound cheese wheel;, I'm telling ya son this is violent country. When I was your age age I whipped my weight in Wild Cats, and the last thing on our mind was these damned scourge, equity locust. Why just last week I saw this little weasel of a man in a white Volvo have the audacity to apply at Ray's Hard Labor Hut..just wait till that flat lander weasel finds ou the real deal..There is no opportunity in the mountains save a few leather necks working in the mines,and maybe a soda jerk,and a MD..The rest of you fail miserably..this is real man's country.Last night I bought a crate a Brawny my friend..no rest for the weary..and by the way Mr. California Fools gold
don't be a think--en you be finding a good woman up here in our hills..This is hard country..stay away ass--hat..don't make me take my belt off..HOW DARE YOU EVEN INSINUATE YA Damn Hippie Boy.

Old 01-21-2010, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott5280 View Post
Stay away from the 900 pound cheese wheel
Oh man, ain't that the truth?

Old 01-21-2010, 08:31 PM

So CCCVDUR I think we've figured it all out for you. You'll work for the railroad in the summer and at the resort repairing ski bikes in the winter. That leaves Spring and Fall for planting and harvesting.

Old 01-22-2010, 12:01 AM

857 posts, read 1,346,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicWizard View Post
CCCVDUR wrote:In reality, things are being communicated that you don't want to hear, and that's OK as far as I'm concerned, but it's not a lack of communication.
I do not respond to general statements; they are totally worthless to my way of thinking.

I communicate in terms of specific information.

So yes, I do indeed disregard ALL posts that are framed as general statements such as:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott5280 View Post
Stay away from the 900 pound cheese wheel;, I'm telling ya son this is violent country.........[truncated due to inappropriate language]
Hey remember you can't post that against someone in Arizona. The thread is now derailed by you and other "trolls."

The other thread on the lady moving to Durango has also been damanged by way of individuals speaking in general statements of a negative nature re: Durango.

I think she should take the job; a job offer in Durango is a once in a lifetime opportunity, she lives in Phoenix as I also do.

And, Phoenix and Arizona are facing economic hardships in regards to unemployment and increased taxes that will make things very difficult in the next fiscal year.

Last edited by CCCVDUR; 01-22-2010 at 12:35 AM..

Old 01-22-2010, 07:35 PM

345 posts, read 757,994 times
Default Come to our Mecca.... but bring your money!

I wonder if CCC whatever is a realtor, trying to make it seem like we are a mecca above all the economic problems that is plaguing the rest of the country. He seems quite sure that anyone can get a job and Durango has tons. No problems here and it is a wonderland there!

Lived here for almost 15 years and while I do love it the past couple of years it has been really hard to live here and make end meet when:

Your husband works for the state and has furlough days, and no raises for the past two years. All the prices have gone up but his pay has not.

I still have my job but my hours have been cut, twice! Again no raise.

Your son gets laid off, he applies to many jobs in the construction field as that is where his experience really lies, but no luck so he applies to any and everything he can get and is still jobless months later.

Houses are foreclosed upon. Houses are built and have yet to see an occupant.

Our grocery prices have pretty much doubled. My electric bill use to be around $60 a month, it is now around $110. We have propane and that price has gone up so bad I wash all clothes in cold water, keep the heat a a lower temp than I would like.

This is happening all over this country. Colorado is not an exception. People can argue till they are blue in the face, ( or use blue writing ) but the facts are the facts and Colorado is not exempt from the problems hitting this entire country.

You want to move here and hope you find a job, great bring your money cause our state can use it as much as any other state.

If you are offered a great job here and this is the place you really want to move then do your research and actually visit here, talk to people ask them what it is like for them and if this is where you want to live then great. Do not rely on numbers.

CCC-you want to move here I have a house on acreage for $425,000 and you can have my husband's job and mine too! I happen to sadly be looking into leaving this state.

Old 01-22-2010, 07:42 PM

Are you in Durango?

Old 01-22-2010, 07:52 PM

345 posts, read 757,994 times
Strange I was not even in this thread. I was at the main Colorado page and hit new thread. Weird that it ended up in here.

Nope I do not live in Durango, I live 40 mins North of Denver. Friends of mine live over on that side and are moving to Missouri this summer. They love it there but are not making it. I have driven through never really spent much time there.

Old 01-23-2010, 05:30 AM

857 posts, read 1,346,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmm_24 View Post
I wonder if CCC whatever is a realtor, trying to make it seem like we are a mecca above all the ...
People who read these forums are either politically motivated, unemployed, or trying to relocate. The impressions from posters who respond to a query are biased. The best decisions one can make is to visit an area for themselves.

I've already been to many places in CO including Durango. I never said I was moving there in particular. I have many places under investigation. Some of these posters who use backwoods analogies against newcomers on city-data are old-timers in Colorado, and NOT the folks who I met last summer in Colorado.

On City-Data.Com as a whole, I have never seen "the locals" be as unkind towards out of staters as they are on various Colorado forums. Therefore, I just put individuals such as Jazzalover, Scott5280, Wannerroo, etc. on my ignore list. Clearly, the old-timers struggle with the liberals moving into Durango, Boulder, + Chaffee and Summit Counties. It's the same way in New Mexico and Arizona, and perhaps a reason to not consider those places in the first place, because the locals are unwelcoming.

Any one else ages 18-40 considering Boulder, Durango, Summit or Chaffee counties I strongly recommend it. Don't let these old city-data folks deter you! There are thousands of employed young 20- and 30- somethings in these places.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or