Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-25-2007, 12:14 PM

1,554 posts, read 4,549,887 times

Advertisements

So as I am reading in the threads that numerous California has moved to Colorado. I to have move from California to other side of the world and ended up in North Carolina. I love the beach here which is less crowded that is for sure especially where I live but unfortually the housing market has gone done and I bought my house at the peak. My husband career is in Construction, welding and pile driving. The wages are extremly low due having illegal taking less wage and has affected us. We realize that my husband is going have to travel to work in Central States to make decent wages. He is currently living in Missouri temporarly and working at the plant. We are thinking about moving in the Central Location so we are able to see my husband/daddy from time to time. Since you all have been living in Colorado for awhile. Can you tell me if you like living there and where would you move too? I would like to find a place to live under 120,000 with some acre out in the country and not in the city please.With a good school system for my 4 and 8 year old girls and very low crime rate is a plus. Please give me some advice and suggestion? I truly appreciate your time and effort to help me decide where to live.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2007, 12:22 PM

2,756 posts, read 12,972,115 times
I'm sorry, you're going to have a tough time finding what you're looking for. I'm not sure whether you mean $120,000 for just a few acres of undeveloped land (which is possible), or $120,000 for a few acres of land with a house on it -- which I doubt is possible anywhere in Colorado.

Maybe some places on the eastern plains are that cheap, far east of the mountains and the cities in the state. Perhaps some very remote places like the San Luis Valley might give you some land with a house on it for that price. But my gut feeling is that you probably need to look at another state to find what you're looking for. I'm very sorry to disappoint you on this.

Perhaps others have some ideas?

Old 05-25-2007, 12:28 PM

5,747 posts, read 12,048,379 times
I have to echo tfox. I'm not sure you'll find what you're looking for here in Colorado. In order to find a place for your husband to work, you'd need to be somewhere that is being developed. That's the front range, and for acreage, you're going to pay a lot more than what you've indicated is possible.

Anyone else have an opinion?

Old 05-25-2007, 08:17 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times
I agree. This has been discussed before. There is very little acreage on the Front Range, from Ft. Collins to Castle Rock. There may be some pockets, but they are few and far between and expensive.

Old 05-25-2007, 08:30 PM

8,213 posts, read 16,686,935 times
Well,

Real estate is 'always' about location.

If you want to live somewhere nice (eg - near the Rocky Mountains) with a lot of work, cheaper land and a low crime, I agree with the others. You can probably find some combination of these things, but not all together in Colorado. You may want to consider living closer to a city for the work your husband needs. Maybe Fort Morgan which is east of Denver. Go here and look at the prices of housing for various cities in Colorado:
http://www.city-data.com/city/Colorado.html

Here in Colorado Springs homes sell around $250K in the city and suburbs. But I work with several people who commute from Pueblo where homes can be found in the $100Ks. Of course if you go out east away from the larger cities land gets cheaper. Maybe you could live out on the high plains and your husband could drive into the larger cities for work. Its pretty flat, dry and dare I say 'boring' out there. But you are away from the city. It is definately 'country' out east. There is a town east of Colorado Springs called 'Punkin Center' - thats right 'Punkin'. LOL...

I am an old California surfer and the only thing I really miss at times living in Colorado is be able to visit the ocean. The Rocky Mountains are truly beautiful though and my wife and kids love going hiking and exploring in the mountains. We are getting ready right now in fact for hike tommorrow. The wildflowers are really starting to bloom along the front range.

- Derek

Old 06-03-2007, 07:52 AM

1,920 posts, read 2,778,928 times
Default I think You were talking 220,000 right?

I don't think anybody would really be asking that price in 2007. You must have been asking 220,000. If by chance you were. I would look at Texas. Might be the only place I have seen anything with acreage under 200,000. Good luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado