U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2010, 09:28 PM

136 posts, read 669,505 times

Advertisements

What is the reason for you to choose Aurora? I moved from evergreen of San Jose to Broomfield. We really love it here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmjones2001 View Post
I'm looking to move my family to Colorado this summer...probably July.

I will continue to work for my California company, just do so remotely.

We are looking at south Aurora, but I'm not sure. The CCSD is there and seems to be where everyone wants their kids to go.

I have family in Pueblo but my wife absolutely does NOT want to live there. We were there last summer visiting.

This is going to be hard. Aurora's crime rate is off putting ... I currently live in downtown San Jose and crime is just something we never have to worry about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2010, 02:12 PM

95 posts, read 150,070 times
Had a feeling this topic would attract folks in California. I hope to soon leave for Western Colorado, when the time is right. Spent most of my years here, in the other South Bay (San Jose). Not originally from Ca. though. Do i still qualify as a Co. transplant when I get there? :-)

Old 03-07-2010, 10:39 PM

8 posts, read 28,748 times
We hope to soon be (non native) Californian transplants! We are so excited to be leaving So Cal....

Old 03-08-2010, 10:50 AM

84,990 posts, read 98,847,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treedonkey View Post
As for the reduction in 'CA to CO' posts, some of the speculations about that may be correct, but I can only speak for myself... I've stopped posting in most of the transplantation threads (especially the 'CA to...' ones) because I've grown tired of how contentious they get and I've pretty much given up trying to reason with one who insist on blaming their problems on Californians (both current and former).
Agreed! I don't post in them much anymore, either, and a lot of them get closed before too long b/c of the fighting. I only lived in CA a few months, and my husband went to college there (we weren't together then), but I too get tired of Californians being blamed for everything.

My advice to any and all Californians relocating here is: Never apologize for having lived in CA.

Old 03-08-2010, 12:40 PM

16,438 posts, read 18,522,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Never apologize for having lived in CA.
Or Texas...

Old 03-15-2010, 09:53 AM

8 posts, read 9,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALIFRE View Post
Had a feeling this topic would attract folks in California. I hope to soon leave for Western Colorado, when the time is right. Spent most of my years here, in the other South Bay (San Jose). Not originally from Ca. though. Do i still qualify as a Co. transplant when I get there? :-)
LOL.

I am a Denver native, so I hope that 'counts' even though I've spent most of my life in California.

Someone asked why we chose Aurora ... no reason other than we liked what we saw when we visited last summer. We also like Colorado Springs and are now leaning that way.

Someone else mentioned that San Jose must be pretty rough, well it is consistently ranked in the top 5 safest cities in the country. Comparing numbers here to Aurora is very uhm, misleading. As someone else pointed out the bad parts drag the good parts down.

I think with Aurora south is better.

Old 10-18-2011, 10:48 AM

8 posts, read 9,649 times
Just an update.

We bought a house in Thornton, CO. Been here just over a month now and are loving it!

Beautiful, quiet subdivision.

Only question I have that remains is "What took us so long?"

Old 10-18-2011, 10:55 AM

7,755 posts, read 16,457,602 times
gmjones2001 wrote:
Only question I have that remains is "What took us so long?"
Yeah, what took you so long? I hope it wasn't the anti-California hatred espoused by some members on the Colorado pages. Welcome back to Colorado!

Old 10-18-2011, 11:04 AM

2,866 posts, read 7,099,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missingcol View Post
I moved to CO from Bay Area about six monthes ago. I'd like to see how other Californian are doing here, but I didn't read any Californian moving to CO related threads for quite a while. Is this because less and less Californians come to CO or they just live here too comfortable to show up on the forum?
Maybe they got the idea finally? LOL JK

Old 10-19-2011, 02:20 AM

16,438 posts, read 18,522,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
My parents got caught in a downturn in the 1980's and ended up renting their house out for 15 years until selling. You do what you have to do.
Same thing happened to us. We bought a nice house in '79, the job moved and we had to rent at a loss for 20 years before we could finally unload that albatross. I can't even calculate how much that misadventure cost us. I'll never buy again unless I'm confident my only future move will be to the grave yard.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or