Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2010, 10:32 AM

14 posts, read 44,606 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I might be taking a job in Littleton. I'm in my late 30's with 2 little kids and a wife. I like the Superior area as far as a house, but it's a little far to Littleton (maybe?). I want to be on the west side of Denver I need suggestions for:

1. School systems
2. Towns with culture, young professionals, families, recreation, open space
3. Places in those towns to live w/young professionals, families, recreation, open space

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2010, 10:38 AM

11,826 posts, read 34,430,278 times
Try Littleton.

Old 02-12-2010, 10:59 AM

Can you tell me why Littleton?

Old 02-12-2010, 11:00 AM

18,216 posts, read 25,850,946 times
Although the area I used to live in is now called Centennial, I kept a condo in unincorporated Littleton for 14 years, moving to the western slope many years ago. I have friends there who've been there all their lives, and wouldn't live anywhere else. I've always considered it to be on the metro areas best suburbs.

BTW, Littleton is on the south side of Denver, you mentioned west. Hopefully some of the current residents will weigh in here as its been 17 years since I lived there.

Old 02-12-2010, 11:10 AM

Littleton is a city on the south west side of Denver, in Arapahoe County. Littleton is also the mailing address of south Jefferson and northern Douglas County.

Let's start with what you are looking for, what's important, what's not?

Old 02-12-2010, 11:38 AM

18,216 posts, read 25,850,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bindenver View Post
Littleton is a city on the south west side of Denver, in Arapahoe County. Littleton is also the mailing address of south Jefferson and northern Douglas County.

Let's start with what you are looking for, what's important, what's not?
Whoops, forgot about the other side of Santa Fe Drive! Yep, a VERY sizable part of Littleton is there as well!

Old 02-12-2010, 11:45 AM

291 posts, read 911,489 times
There are really two Littletons. One is the City of Littleton, which surrounds the original city center. It's boundries are roughly Broadway on the east, Seridan on the west, Belleview to the north, and County Line Road to the south. The second Littleton is the southern part of Jefferson County which is mostly unincorporated but has Littleton for the mailing address. There used to be an eastern part of Littleton, that was unincorporated, but that was rolled into Centennial. In fact, Highlands Ranch used to be considered Littleton for the same reasons. The unincorportated part of Littleton that's in Jefferson County, stops at Hampden (US 285). There is a northwest part of that section that's known as Morrison, again only because of the mailing addresses.
The City of Littleton generally has older homes with muture trees. The newer homes are towards the southern part of the city boundries. The southern part of Jefferson County's older homes are newer than Littleton's older homes. Many were built in the 70's and 80's, with fewer being built in the 90's and 2000's. The main reason for this is they are running out of land. The western edge of the unincorporated part is west of C-470 and bumps into the foothills. Two of the main communities that are on the western edge are Ken-Caryl Ranch (my home) and Willow Springs. The pockets of newer homes are scattered around and will depend on your price range. There are more newer homes in Grant Ranch ( built in the late 90's), but part of that community lies in Denver County.
The west part of southern Jefferson County would give you good access to C-470, which would give you good access on your trip north to work.
For schools go to; www.schoolperformancemaps.com/co. Not only will this site give you data on each school, it will show you were they are on the map.

Old 02-12-2010, 12:34 PM

Important: schools, kids, kids, kids, young (er) professionals, open space, culture, restaurants, shopping, etc. I live in FL right now and there isn't one kid on our street. Really sad. All retirees mostly.

By west I meant west of I-25.

Thanks for all your comments.

Old 02-12-2010, 12:39 PM

That's the definition of Florida.

Littleton is all that, and lots more.

Old 02-12-2010, 12:40 PM

1,921 posts, read 4,774,429 times
Lone Tree and Highlands Ranch will probably have more yuppies with young kids, and close to the mall. Centennial and Littleton more house for your money. You will be driving into Denver for cultural stuff.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado