U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2010, 12:50 PM

3,296 posts, read 8,197,447 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
Mile marker 264 on I-70 right before you head up into the foothills in Denver(Lakewood), there is a King Soopers and Applejacks(the largest liquor store in Colorado), right off the exit on the south side.

Yes it is cheaper in Denver, not by a huge sum, but is cheaper. This supermarket is right on your way so it is convenient.

You can probably look it up on google maps if need be.
I'm sure it will be less crowded and have a better selection as well! When I was living in Park Co. just over the pass from Summit, we would venture to Breck to get groceries, and the winter produce selection was always picked over, especially during peak tourism. I also always hated dealing with the crowds! Applejacks probably has your best selection for good beer as well!
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2010, 01:21 PM

1,872 posts, read 5,651,685 times
Grocery stores up here are usually mobbed on the weekends for sure. We do our grocery shopping midweek, when crowds are low and stocks are aplenty. Given that there is a King Soopers right off I-70 in Lakewood, the OP is probably better off stopping there.

Old 02-20-2010, 10:34 PM

35 posts, read 80,651 times
Thanks again...taking all of this info on the trip with us. We'll be arriving on a Thursday, so hopefully the stores and roads aren't too crowded.

Another question, we're coming from central Texas, where all the restaurants are smoke-free...don't guess that's the case there in Breck is it?

And any recommendation on what time to hit the slopes?

Old 02-21-2010, 08:45 AM

2,533 posts, read 5,817,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoop06 View Post
. . .

Another question, we're coming from central Texas, where all the restaurants are smoke-free...don't guess that's the case there in Breck is it?. . .
All restaurants in all of Colorado are smoke-free.

Old 02-26-2010, 12:09 PM

1,893 posts, read 3,423,170 times
Quote:
Thanks again...taking all of this info on the trip with us. We'll be arriving on a Thursday, so hopefully the stores and roads aren't too crowded.

Another question, we're coming from central Texas, where all the restaurants are smoke-free...don't guess that's the case there in Breck is it?

And any recommendation on what time to hit the slopes?
If I'm not mistaken, I think Breck was one of the first cities to go smoke-free. I'm going off memory so the likelihood of that being wrong is high!

As far as hitting the slopes, I am a fan of getting first chair at 8:30. I typically arrive around 8:15 or so. It gives me a couple of good hours before the crowds start to surface.

Old 03-04-2010, 12:50 PM

35 posts, read 80,651 times
Thanks again for all the suggestions! We just got back from our first trip to Breck and we're already planning to head back either in the summer or for another ski trip next year!

Applejacks was an experience. There didn't seem to be much rhyme or reason to how things were put out, but we managed to hunt everything down that we needed.

Norway house was a big disappointment for the rentals. My ski's were completely sized wrong for my boot and had to be readjusted when we got to the mountain.

We ate at Mother Loaded the first night we were there based on the suggestion of a local we asked while shopping. It was absolutely fantastic! We talked about that place the entire trip and definitely give it two thumbs up.

We rented a private house, and while I think I'd enjoy a ski in/out place, being isolated up on the mountain on the outskirts of town was really nice.

Old 03-04-2010, 03:26 PM

1,872 posts, read 5,651,685 times
Sorry to hear about Norway Haus. I assume you mean your boots wouldn't click into the bindings? Did you see them click the boots in and out of the bindings at the shop? That's always the last step in the binding adjustment procedure.

Old 03-04-2010, 07:47 PM

2,139 posts, read 5,484,234 times
Don't forget--cannabis is legal. :P

Old 03-04-2010, 10:22 PM

260 posts, read 1,310,929 times
For the daredevils: Try "Mach 1" ... good bumps .. and steep.

Old 03-05-2010, 01:46 PM

1,893 posts, read 3,423,170 times
Quote:
Thanks again for all the suggestions! We just got back from our first trip to Breck and we're already planning to head back either in the summer or for another ski trip next year!

Applejacks was an experience. There didn't seem to be much rhyme or reason to how things were put out, but we managed to hunt everything down that we needed.

Norway house was a big disappointment for the rentals. My ski's were completely sized wrong for my boot and had to be readjusted when we got to the mountain.

We ate at Mother Loaded the first night we were there based on the suggestion of a local we asked while shopping. It was absolutely fantastic! We talked about that place the entire trip and definitely give it two thumbs up.

We rented a private house, and while I think I'd enjoy a ski in/out place, being isolated up on the mountain on the outskirts of town was really nice.
Glad to hear you had a good time! Make sure you check out Breck in the summer. I prefer summer to winter and I LOVE to snowboard and snowshoe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or