U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2010, 11:11 PM

12,102 posts, read 20,351,797 times

Advertisements

Those were just some ideas of he did not want to work at a resturant. College jobs are different then you full time job after college.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2010, 12:11 PM

7 posts, read 18,860 times
I don't think I would like to work in either a call center or a restaraunt... Currently I am employed with the local Police Department and The South Dakota Art Museum. Any job in either of those fields would be more of interest. Although I am a student, I can handle working regular schedules in the evening.

Old 03-01-2010, 01:32 PM

299 posts, read 787,784 times
Good luck finding any jobs like that in Pueblo. Our job market is putrid.

Old 03-01-2010, 01:54 PM

We have some art places but to be honost I am not sure if they are hiring. That being said since you work at one now you might have an advantage.

Old 03-03-2010, 03:01 PM

20,308 posts, read 37,797,930 times
The local paper confirms that Pueblo will have a 4-day school week starting in the Fall of 2010. That cannot be good.

The local TV station confirms that six Pueblo schools are flunking out in the No Child Left Behind standing and have been ordered to prepare turnaround plans. The six schools are: Roncalli Middle School; Pitts Middle School; Freed Middle School; Risley Middle School; Central High School; and the Youth and Family Academy Charter School.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 03-03-2010, 03:18 PM

299 posts, read 787,784 times
I'm shocked that Roncalli made that list. I always thought that was the best middle school in the city, with Heaton not far behind.

Old 03-03-2010, 03:26 PM

I saw that but from I have heard it could be a good thing. The students will go longer days so they will get more time in the class per day. It will be interesting to see how it pans out.

I still say its what you make out of it. When I went to Central I had friends who went to private school back east because it is better and made fun of me. In the end I was the only one to get my masters.

Old 03-03-2010, 08:26 PM

138 posts, read 288,275 times
That's for Pueblo County schools and Pueblo West. Pueblo (D60) will still have a five day week.

Old 03-05-2010, 11:01 AM

2,221 posts, read 4,652,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josseppie View Post
I saw that but from I have heard it could be a good thing. The students will go longer days so they will get more time in the class per day. It will be interesting to see how it pans out.

I still say its what you make out of it. When I went to Central I had friends who went to private school back east because it is better and made fun of me. In the end I was the only one to get my masters.
No two ways about it--a four-day school week is a real blow to the already flagging quality of Pueblo's public schools. You can try to put lipstick on that pig, but it's bad news for Pueblo's kids.

I find it amusing how big a stink some people made about turning off some street lights and closing some city parks in Colorado Springs--yet our schools remain well-funded and highly ranked. Our priorities are in the right place here. Isn't it great to know that Pueblo's kids will have parks to play in when they should be in school getting an education? And I can't wait to see what kind of trouble those kids will be getting into on that extra day off while their padres are at work or in line at the unemployment/welfare office.

And Josseppie...don't get too cocky about comparing your education to that of others. If the quality of your writing and analytical prowess here in these forums is any indication of the worth of your masters degree, those "friends" are just as well not having wasted their money on one. Getting the degree isn't the objective...it's being able to develop and employ critical thinking skills that counts. No evidence whatsoever of that here.

Old 03-05-2010, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob from down south View Post
No two ways about it--a four-day school week is a real blow to the already flagging quality of Pueblo's public schools. You can try to put lipstick on that pig, but it's bad news for Pueblo's kids.

I find it amusing how big a stink some people made about turning off some street lights and closing some city parks in Colorado Springs--yet our schools remain well-funded and highly ranked. Our priorities are in the right place here. Isn't it great to know that Pueblo's kids will have parks to play in when they should be in school getting an education? And I can't wait to see what kind of trouble those kids will be getting into on that extra day off while their padres are at work or in line at the unemployment/welfare office.

And Josseppie...don't get too cocky about comparing your education to that of others. If the quality of your writing and analytical prowess here in these forums is any indication of the worth of your masters degree, those "friends" are just as well not having wasted their money on one. Getting the degree isn't the objective...it's being able to develop and employ critical thinking skills that counts. No evidence whatsoever of that here.
I have talked to some parents who love the 4 day school week and some who do not. The only reason I have been given about not liking the 4 day week is they have to pay for day care on Friday's now, they have young kids, but even they feel that the education won't suffer as they are not going to school less. In college you don't have to go 5 days but have longer classes at one time and it seems to work better so who knows. It will be interesting to see how this works out.

You can't use this fourm to judge a person's writing ability and that is why they have asked people not to comment on it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or