U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2007, 10:35 PM

3 posts, read 12,383 times

Advertisements

I am planning on purchasing a home at Coyote's Run in Mead. I'm wondering if anyone on this board lives in Mead that can give me some pros and cons.

How is the elementary school? Quality of water, road maintenance and other things of this nature.

I only ask on the board here because I work a lot and might be doing a quick close on a home by this Sunday.

Thank You in advance,
Chas
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2007, 11:35 PM

649 posts, read 2,691,756 times
hey there- Sorry,don't know much about it. But maybe you can go to "search" and type it in, see what postings you get. bashep

Old 01-05-2007, 11:19 PM

Thank you for your reply. I did do a search. Mead is only mentioned, grouped with other cities such as Longmont, Berthoud, Loveland & Ft Collins. Oh well I think I might proceed with my purchase anyway.
Please if you have any input please chime in.....

Old 02-15-2008, 07:43 AM

11 posts, read 38,806 times
Default Coyote Run Mead, Co

Hello. I am looking at Mead, Co and in particular Coyote Run subdivision. Does anyone know anything about this area? Thanks

Old 03-12-2008, 04:06 PM

1 posts, read 4,074 times
Default Mead is a neat place.

I have lived there for a year now. I love getting off the exit and immediatley feeling peace and quiet. With three stops signs in town it is very nice with no traffic. I love it. I recently just got a new job in Colorado springs and I am trying to sell my house in Coyote run. Getting pretty desperate, actually.
But it is a wonderful place to live. The water is great and the roads are maintained very well, because it is so small. It will eventually pick up and get busy, for now it is great.
Drew

Old 08-11-2008, 11:01 PM

2,253 posts, read 6,021,584 times
Wink In looking

Wasn't sure where Mead, CO was, but was curious. Did you notice the town is but 5,000 feet, and even closer, from I-25, with what appears a fairly major railroad track running through the center of it?

Would those be considerations?

Other than that you would have ready access to Longmont, CO, Loveland, CO, and points beyond. But probably a certain drive to most services.

Old 08-12-2008, 11:35 AM

3 posts, read 9,782 times
I-25 is very close, which makes commuting to Denver or Ft. Collins easy. The tracks have less than 12 trains per year. I don't consider that a major railroad. I lived on an Army airfield for three years, and the sound of aircraft was horrible at first. After about a month, I didn't even notice the noise. I'm sure living in the woods without any traffic, plane or train noise would be lovely, but not so realistic, considering my wife and I work along I-25 and the state seems to keep the snow cleared off major highways, most of the time. To travel from, say, Estes Park to I-25 is difficult if not impossible of bad snow days. Mead is a small town with an excellent elementary school and still has reasonable prices on homes. Look at home prices in Boulder to compare. My wife and I will both retire from our government jobs at 40 years old in 8 years. Maybe we will be able to settle in a better location then, but for now, I think Mead is what we are looking for. I still need a home in Mead to rent for a few months until I buy a house there. [mod cut]

Last edited by katzenfreund; 08-12-2008 at 10:53 PM.. Reason: please post in the classifieds forum if you are looking to buy a house, thank you!

Old 08-13-2008, 10:50 AM

1,452 posts, read 3,659,394 times
Default All you need to know about Mead

Mead is just another bedroom community along I-25, so if you want a car-dependent lifestyle in a town with no real jobs or amenities. Much like Johnstown, Milliken, Windsor, Timnath, etc. Their rural character will soon be lost to even more strip malls, gas stations, etc. as they continue to be discovered and exploited...and just in time for >$4/gallon gas and >$100/bbl oil...

Old 08-13-2008, 10:38 PM

3 posts, read 9,782 times
Commuting from Colorado Springs to Longmont is far more expensive. Mead looks better and better every time I make the drive. I have to get moved...soon. Mead is a great option with a great elementary school. I agree, just another bedroom community, but Mead is close enough to ride by bike to work. I need the strip mall though. So, if you’re looking to make a buck, build one in Mead. Then, I will be able to ride my bike to get massages, haircuts, beer, and Starbucks. I would prefer my son's summer job or after school job be at a gas station in Mead, rather than in Denver, so please build one of those, too. Thanks

Old 09-16-2008, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idunn View Post
Wasn't sure where Mead, CO was, but was curious. with what appears a fairly major railroad track running through the center of it?
I do not belive those tracks are in use at all. In fact they are currently doing road construction around the tracks on the main road through Mead. I am not sure if they are paving over them or just making it smoother to drive over. None the less I have never heard nor seen a train go through Mead.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or