U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2010, 01:57 PM

268 posts, read 234,837 times
I recommend Telluride, Rob.

You can fly right into the Telluride airport and then be shuttled to a nearby Hotel/Condo. For four people you can get really nice multiple bedroom condos. They're on the pricy side but if you can afford it, they're worth the money.

Also, the mountain is within walking distance of all the Hotels and condos in Telluride. There is also a free gondola that will take you to Moutain Village for the slopes on that side of the mountain. Also, you could look into lodging in Moutain Village instead where you will literally have the slopes for view from the windows.

I'm an avid snowboarder and I can personally guarantee that Telluride's slopes will blow those Wyoming slopes out of the water.

Telluride Ski Resort | Mountain Ski & Snowboard Resort Events & Activities

And here is a direct link the the trail map:
Telluride Ski Resort | Interactive Trail Map

Click the icons to highlight where the mountain is groomed and to get real photos of the trails.

Hope that helps
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2010, 06:13 AM

39 posts, read 52,509 times
Jeezy,

Thnaks for your opion. I have seen the Telluride website. It's really great outdoor, I think! The mountain / slopes are bigger and longer then in Jackson Hole. But, I noticed the rates for the lodges/hotels overthere, and they are really high! Is there no motel available, which has 2 bedrooms, Internet and a hot ube for a smaller budget? ( we don't need so much luxury, al we need is a fridge, for the beer, hot tub, and a steakhouse around the corner)
This all, for a 1 week escaping from the marriage and kidz ;-)
Kind regards, many thanks in advanced,

Rob

Old 04-22-2010, 09:10 AM

2,973 posts, read 4,436,441 times
I think you would have a great time in Breckenridge too

Where are you from in NL? My ex brother-in-law is from Eindhoven.

Old 04-23-2010, 01:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlandsGal View Post
I think you would have a great time in Breckenridge too

Where are you from in NL? My ex brother-in-law is from Eindhoven.

Hi Gal,

Well, I work in Amsterdam (You have probably have heard lot's of stories about it) and I live nearbij Alkmaar. That the 'lowland' area in Holland, were the land is below sea level, about a 15 feet, I guess.

Eindhoven is in the lower parts of Holland.

We have been too Janckson Hole / WY last january, it was great, nice people (friendly) and lots of powder. You can't compare it with Austria orso. Next january, some locals, have advised us, to go to Colorado, Breckenridge or up high, Steamboat. Probably we will be going to Breckenridge and hopefully we shall have a good time just like Jackson Hole.

Grtz, Rob

Old 08-02-2010, 05:20 AM

Default 4 dutch - snowboarding in Winter Park (March 2011)

Hello everybody,

I have a question. We will arive at Winterpark, on 7 th march 2011.
We want to have a great time, snowboarding in Colorado, Winter Park.

What are the 'must see and do things' in this area?
Any suggestions welcome, kind regards,

Rob

Old 08-02-2010, 01:21 PM

877 posts, read 805,481 times
Around most of the ski resorts, the only big thing to do is to ski around the ski resort for the most part.

Of course, most ski resorts also have the town nearby. From the Winter Park base, you can take one of many shuttles to the actual town 2 miles away, and there's also a village at the base of the resort. (In town there are many steakhouses, so you will be happy )

Winter Park is FABULOUS! I have skied there (and Copper with the 2-way pass) SO MANY TIMES! It's a huge ski area, trails everywhere. It's pretty organized as well. There are beginner areas, intermediate areas, etc. on their own parts of the mountain. In the middle of the mountain, the trails kind of mix in a free-for-all way, but the diversity is nice!

You'll have a great time in Colorado!

Old 08-02-2010, 01:32 PM

401 posts, read 565,881 times
I have been to Breckenridge, Copper Mountain, and Keystone resorts for skiing. I snowboarded my first time at Breckenridge and had a blast. I am looking forward to snowboarding at Copper Mountain and Keystone the next time in CO.
You cannot go wrong with those resorts.
Have a great trip!!

Old 08-04-2010, 11:05 AM

3,767 posts, read 4,953,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burton_Rob View Post
We have had a wonderfull time in Jackson Hole / Wy.
No doubt, it's a beautiful area. The Grand Tetons. Yellowstone nearby.

In Colorado, Breckenridge is about 1 hours drive from Denver. Vail is about 2 hours. These are both along the I-70 freeway.

Steamboat is located in north/central Colorado. It's off the beaten track. From Denver it's probably about three hours drive. You must take I-70 west, and then one of the local highways north.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado