U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2010, 01:57 PM

20,326 posts, read 37,832,470 times

Advertisements

Much of the Denver region fits the OPs general requirements, as do other areas along the front range.

The other partner's job may be the deciding factor for the sake of commuting as the region is large and a long commute sucks.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2010, 11:06 AM

4 posts, read 12,042 times
Exclamation wanting to move to colorado

Hello my family of five and i are planning on moving to colorado we currently live in florida but we want to be in the mountains snow is a must (we want to snomobile out our back door.) but we do not know where to start. We need a safe relaxing environment but not entirely secluded, with wildlife and trees! Where should we go in colorado? Does anyone have any answers? We are use to the cold because we use to live in michigan. We loved it but there were no jobs which forced us to leave Michigan. Also where are there a lot of jobs in colorado? Please someone help with our decision making and give us their opinions on colorado. eager to leave florida!

Old 07-27-2010, 12:19 PM

4,888 posts, read 8,913,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aprilina03 View Post
Hello my family of five and i are planning on moving to colorado we currently live in florida but we want to be in the mountains snow is a must (we want to snomobile out our back door.) but we do not know where to start. We need a safe relaxing environment but not entirely secluded, with wildlife and trees! Where should we go in colorado? Does anyone have any answers? We are use to the cold because we use to live in michigan. We loved it but there were no jobs which forced us to leave Michigan. Also where are there a lot of jobs in colorado? Please someone help with our decision making and give us their opinions on colorado. eager to leave florida!
Littleton, colorado, which is located outside Denver has some areas in the mountains which you would like. Unfortunately, there are not a lot of jobs in Colorado. Things are slow all over, even in Denver. I expect you will find it to be difficult to get jobs here.

Old 07-27-2010, 03:41 PM

9,817 posts, read 19,036,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aprilina03 View Post
To snowmobile out your back door is going to put you above 8500 ft in elevation and there are few places available for that unless you are a multi millionaire or are willing to live in a very isolated area with no jobs nearby.

Old 07-27-2010, 03:42 PM

9,817 posts, read 19,036,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 80skeys View Post
Littleton, colorado, which is located outside Denver has some areas in the mountains which you would like. Unfortunately, there are not a lot of jobs in Colorado. Things are slow all over, even in Denver. I expect you will find it to be difficult to get jobs here.
Littleton Colorado for snowmobiling, wildlife and trees?

Old 07-27-2010, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
Littleton Colorado for snowmobiling, wildlife and trees?
Wildlife and trees, yeah. I'm talking about the Littleton addresses up Deer Creek Canyon road.

Snowmobiling no.

Old 07-27-2010, 07:51 PM

3,108 posts, read 4,667,863 times
The job situation here is not good. For many job openings, you should expect to be one of 200 or so applicants for the position. I don't know what you do, but it is kind of hard to land a job here.

There is really no place where you could snowmobile out your back door in the metro area. Also, most of the time the snow melts between storms. The only place that you would find snow that sticks around for months would be high in the mountains.

Old 07-28-2010, 12:29 PM

5,091 posts, read 13,178,030 times
Quote:
There is no Littleton in the mountains, as this poster very well know, who lives hundreds of miles away. The posters keeps giving this info because he/she is stubborn about the places that use a Littleton PO address. This poster keeps giving out this information about all these mountain areas and Ken Caryl Ranch as part of Littleton--it is all wrong.

Do not pay attention to this nonsense. Littleton is a small little city, that is the county seat of Arapahoe County. It sit mostly east of the Platte but has some areas west, with a non-contiguous area, west of Chatfield Reservoir. The infamous Columbine High School has been reported, erroneously, as being is Littleton--It is actually unincorporated Jefferson County.

All the addresses you see are just areas of unincorporated Jefferson County that use the Post Address that they are told to use, by the US Government. It is fairly common have an address just for mail delivery, not to indicated part of a municipality.

Here is the Official Link for the City Limits:

Littleton City Limits

Does it really matter?? Yes, if you are concerned about taxes, the future cost of incorporation, police and fire coverage--what is contracted and what is not contracted for services. Does it necessarily mean a better or worse location--that is up to you to ascertain but it is better to get the correct information. Personally, I think it is a great area to live.

Also, to make it further clear. Highland Ranch is not in Littleton. It is not a incorporated City. It is a development that contracts many services from Douglas county and neighboring cities. Eventually, it will incorporated and will have to fund the build out of services; you certainly would want to know that before you buy--as your taxes may rise, significantly. Is it a nice place to live? I think so, if it meets your needs and desires.

Livecontent

Old 07-28-2010, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by livecontent View Post
There is no Littleton in the mountains, as this poster very well know, who lives hundreds of miles away.
Drive ten miles up Deer Creek Road. The houses in the mountains there are Littleton addresses. (Not PO addresses.)

Quote:
This poster keeps giving out this information about all these mountain areas and Ken Caryl Ranch as part of Littleton--it is all wrong.
I've never talked about Ken Caryl Ranch. I don't even know what this is.

Old 07-28-2010, 07:12 PM

5,091 posts, read 13,178,030 times
Quote:
Drive ten miles up Deer Creek Road. The houses in the mountains there are Littleton addresses. (Not PO addresses.)

I've never talked about Ken Caryl Ranch. I don't even know what this is.
You still do not get it--an address does not define that it is in any City. How can you not understand that concept?? Look on the city map--There is no Littleton City Boundaries on Dear Trail. It is only for administration of the Post Office System. I used to live in Niwot and it had a Longmont address. I lived in a town in the east, which had the neighboring town as the closest address. It is the address of the Post Office that handles the mail for that destination--that is all.

There is that one isolated, non-contiguous development off of S. Wadsworth--the closest city boundary. So, where are als these mountain properties in Littleton. Stop the nonsense.

It has nothing to do with a PO Box. Anyone can purchase any PO Box, he wants in any Post Office.

Livecontent
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or