U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2006, 12:27 PM

18 posts, read 48,971 times

Advertisements

HI:
I've been told that I inherited a lot in Colorado City.
I was thinking of driving over from where I live in the midwest, to see if the area has any promise of something... Would look for a job inthe Computer industry.
...Heard I may have to travel to Pueblo to find a job.... or further away
Also curious what can I build on it... frame... stucco... trailer... possible to find a realtor to show me where the property is.
I'll surf the net, and hopefully hear from the locals on this forum.

Can someone point me in a direction, web site, realtor, statistics, cost of housing.

thanks for any direction!
Lisa Lisa

Last edited by LisaLisa; 07-31-2006 at 12:48 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2006, 12:57 PM

20,301 posts, read 37,784,136 times
Default Do you mean....

....Old Colorado City? There is an area of Colorado Springs knows as Old Colorado City, and I'd think a lot there has some decent value to it.

Contact any realtor and let them know what you have, they should be able to tell you at least a ballpark number. Or use the realtor website and zip code 80904 to see what's available - be sure to check the "land" button to find if any other lots are available in that part of town.

Jobs are pretty good here, or so it seems, lots of IT work for Air Force, Army, Homeland Defense, NORAD, etc, and tons of high tech firms.

Let us know if you drive over, consider doing that in September when the Aspen trees are in color, awesome stuff.

s/Mike

Old 07-31-2006, 01:23 PM

Default Colorado City...not that one...

Hi Mike:
The Colorady City is the one that's located 20 Minutes South of Pueblo off I-25.
Oh Dear... now I'm worried... drat...

Lisa Lisa

Old 07-31-2006, 07:13 PM

1,088 posts, read 5,731,298 times
Best I can tell Colorado City is a rural suburb of Pueblo. There doesn't seem to be any jobs there so you are going to have to commute to Pueblo. There are about 2000 residents and I am assuming that most residents, if not all of them commute into Pueblo. Sorry I can't provide any other information but I hope this helps.

Old 10-13-2006, 04:29 PM
WWS

3 posts, read 6,743 times
Smile about colorado city

I've lived in colorado city for years so I'll answer any questions you have if I can. You will have to go to Pueblo or colorado springs for a job in computers. If you tell me more about the lot (lot number etc.) maybe I can tell you more about the area its in and what people build there.

Moderator cut: No Advertising

The cost of housing is fairly good right now with many affordable homes. A new grocery store is being built right now and will open at the start of next year. There is a pharmacy, flower shops, liquor, hardware store (true value) three gas stations, days inn, a 27 hole golf course, small lake, post office, doctor and dentist and a few restaurants, etc.

Last edited by xxman777; 10-13-2006 at 04:44 PM.. Reason: No advertising please

Old 10-15-2006, 09:32 AM

1 posts, read 2,170 times
Colorado City is very pretty. My family has a lot of property there and some live there still. You will have to drive to Pueblo for work but there should be work there and it is just a 20 minute drive from CO City. You will most likely be able to build what you like...but lots of things to consider like power, water etc...A visit will be well worth your time. There is a hotel right off I25 as you enter CO. City that you can stay at. You have inherited beutiful property no matter what...hopefully it is useful to you!

Old 02-01-2007, 01:13 PM

Default Anything Colorado City

Thanks to all of you for something. Well we got there and it was very pretty... gentle rolling hills. One property is in a culdesac with some homes going in. Shame there is no black top. the other was a corner lot with nothing nearby. A real estate agent answered some questions, but told me that there needs to be a new developer to come in there and re-divide up the property. So many empty lots that have been sold for back taxes and you can't build on them until the site develops... and there seems to be some restrictions. Water rights are an issue in the Valley. so...I'll pay the taxes and wait....

thanks again....

Old 02-01-2007, 09:46 PM

13,624 posts, read 21,483,824 times

This is the real deal. There isn't enough water there for growth. Just enough to sustain what it's got.

It is a very historic land. Back in the day, the Ute Indians killed every upright thing that moved around here.

If you've got to worry about getting a computer job, move to Colorado Springs, Denver, or don't.

I'd consider putting up a summer cottage here, like one of those A frames or something. It'd be an awesome place to retire or a place to live for the more fortunate. It's kind of isolated here. But with the internet and UPS, how isolated can it be?

Old 02-02-2007, 11:14 AM

13,624 posts, read 21,483,824 times
Default a more recent photo

Since I work out here (there's some irony for ya) I thought I ought to drop a more recent photo of the area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or