U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2010, 10:43 AM

6 posts, read 32,466 times

Advertisements

I am considering a position in Meeker, Co but no matter where I search on the internet I cannot seem to find any information on renting a home there. No property managers or realtors, no ads from owners, nothing! Can anyone direct me how to find a rental home in Meeker? My thanks for any help provided.
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2010, 10:17 AM

4,624 posts, read 9,117,510 times
I suggest you call the Town Hall and ask if they have a local paper where people advertise. Usually Town Clerks are very knowledgeable about their community.

Also, I just did a quick Google search for "realtor Meeker Colorado" and got five listings of realtors who are located within the town.

Old 04-06-2010, 03:49 AM

Thank you for your response. I did find the realtors also, none of them state rentals but I did e-mail some of them to inquire but have not rec'd a response at all. Great idea on contacting town hall. I will do that. Thank you again.

Old 04-06-2010, 11:45 AM

4,888 posts, read 8,906,945 times
That's because it's a really small town in the middle of nowhere. Probably most rentals are advertised locally with signs in front of the property or maybe in the local newspaper.

Old 04-06-2010, 06:07 PM

Both of the responses are completely right and I thank you both for responding. I contacted the Chamber of Commerce and recieved a wonderful e-mail from Dee Cox who informed me that I would find the rentals locally with signs in the front yards. She included some phone numbers of rentals she came across that I will be able to contact. I like the people in Colorado already!

Old 04-24-2010, 07:38 PM

9 posts, read 25,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltk622 View Post
I am considering a position in Meeker, Co but no matter where I search on the internet I cannot seem to find any information on renting a home there. No property managers or realtors, no ads from owners, nothing! Can anyone direct me how to find a rental home in Meeker? My thanks for any help provided.
Call the Meeker Chamber of Commerce 970-878-5510 and they will be happy to mail you a relocation packet. None of the realtors deal with rentals but there are quite a few listings in the local newspaper - which can be included in your packet.

Meeker is a charming little town, nestled in the White River Valley. We moved here six years ago from Denver and I just love it!! Of course, it doesn't have big city amenities but it is loaded with small town benefits.

If you need a city 'fix' you can always drive 60 miles to Glenwood Springs, 90 miles to Steamboat Springs, 90 miles to Grand Junction or 40 miles down to a Wal-Mart in Rifle.

Old 05-06-2010, 01:36 PM

Hi Ellene,
I arrived in Meeker last Sunday and was able to find a place to live during a quick visit a few weeks ago. Once the moving van arrives I will be all settled in.
We love Meeker already, it is a very refreshing change.

Old 05-09-2010, 06:31 AM

9 posts, read 25,788 times
Smile Welcome to Meeker!

I'm so happy to hear that you were successful! If you come by the chamber, we will have a 'welcome bag' for you. Meeker has lots of nice people. This summer we have free concerts on the Courthouse Lawn - just bring your own chairs. And we have Farmers Market every Saturday starting in July.

Old 05-10-2010, 09:19 PM

1 posts, read 7,176 times
Default Possible Relo to Meeker

Hey ITK, I may be relocating to that area as well and very soon. Can you please pass on some information? Any that you can offer would be great. I'm from a huge city and haven't been out yet, so I'm a little nervous. Glad to hear your experience has been great so far. Since it's a small town, maybe we'll run into each other one day. Have a good one and I hope your moves continues to go well.

Old 05-10-2010, 09:25 PM

4,888 posts, read 8,906,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bg3971 View Post
Hey ITK, I may be relocating to that area as well and very soon. Can you please pass on some information? Any that you can offer would be great. I'm from a huge city and haven't been out yet, so I'm a little nervous. Glad to hear your experience has been great so far. Since it's a small town, maybe we'll run into each other one day. Have a good one and I hope your moves continues to go well.

Small town's an understatement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or