Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2010, 01:09 PM

6,288 posts, read 11,780,716 times

Advertisements

The Colorado culture on the Front Range (Denver, Boulder, CO Springs) is fairly diverse. It' predominantly white Americans, but among this group there is a large variety of politics, opinions, religions, etc. There's also a sufficient number of other ethnicities. I can't say that there's any dominant political or religious view. I think there's about an even mix between different ones.

The smaller towns around Colorado are less diverse, unless you're talking about the mountain/resort towns which tend to be quite mixed because there's so much traffic coming in from other parts of the country.

I think you would do well and find what you're looking for on the Front Range or the larger mountain towns (Durango, Pagosa Springs, Aspen, Vail, Glenwood).

Not to say that other parts of Colorado are intolerant, but I think you would find them less diverse than you might like.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2010, 01:15 PM

3 posts, read 8,490 times
We plan on renting first. We learned that the hard way with our Utah move. We bought a house that we absolutely love, but we didn't take into consideration things like school location and neighborhood. Our neighborhood is absolutely devoid of children and our kids are bused to schools 45 minutes away. We will move a little slower this time, rent first and get to know areas before buying.

I have noticed that the affordable housing - at least from a cursory online real estate perspective, seem to be east or South of Denver. Does anyone have any insight into these areas? Why is there so much on the market in these areas and why is it more affordable?

Old 04-11-2010, 01:35 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Most of the suburbs in the north and west also have "affordable" housing, though as I said before, in your range, you'll have a lot of options. You could even afford Boulder.

Old 04-11-2010, 02:28 PM

79 posts, read 143,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 80skeys View Post
The Colorado culture on the Front Range (Denver, Boulder, CO Springs) is fairly diverse. It' predominantly white Americans, but among this group there is a large variety of politics, opinions, religions, etc. There's also a sufficient number of other ethnicities. I can't say that there's any dominant political or religious view. I think there's about an even mix between different ones.

The smaller towns around Colorado are less diverse, unless you're talking about the mountain/resort towns which tend to be quite mixed because there's so much traffic coming in from other parts of the country.

I think you would do well and find what you're looking for on the Front Range or the larger mountain towns (Durango, Pagosa Springs, Aspen, Vail, Glenwood).

Not to say that other parts of Colorado are intolerant, but I think you would find them less diverse than you might like.
Some of the strongest communities you'll find are the more rural, agriculturally based ones. I know from personal experience growing up in one. The resort towns are among the least so, due to their transient nature. If you're after diversity, though, by all means go for it. A whole bunch of people here recently from somewhere else, not knowing too much about where they live now, packed into places along the Front Range and mountain resorts, just doesn't do much for me.

Old 04-12-2010, 06:58 PM

363 posts, read 1,043,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-town 720 View Post
LOL when did Denver move away from the mountains???

Denver is 15 miles east of the foothills of the rockies...
Ok, it's 15 miles to the nothing-ness of Golden - big whoop! From downtown, it's 38 miles to the real action in Central City and further than that to Vail - which is where the real snow action takes place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado