Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2007, 01:38 AM

8 posts, read 145,963 times

Advertisements

My family and I are moving from So CAL to Littleton, CO in September. I have a 2 and 4 yr old. I do not want to live in the middle of thousands of homes. I have been looking online at Trailmark subdivision and Ken Caryl ( Mountain area/ not the flats) We are taking a house hunting trip early July, but am anxious to narrow down some areas. We would like to live against the foothills, in a newer home ( 2003 or newer) our price range is $450 max. and of course we want great schools. We are also looking for a reasonably boarding facility to board our pony since we are not buying horse property this time around. Any advice and suggestions is greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2007, 09:17 AM

11,810 posts, read 34,265,174 times
Both areas offer that, except K-C is an older area. And I believe there is boarding at Chatfield or near Roxborough.

Old 06-09-2007, 02:52 PM

5,747 posts, read 12,008,849 times
My in-laws have lived in K-C Ranch (the valley behind the hogback) since 85 and are very happy there. I was able to find 7 houses under $450k, but all were built in the 80's or 90's. I'm not sure that you'll be able to find something built after 2003 in your price range, but an agent would be able to provide you better information.

Most of the houses have relatively small lots, a trade off for the absolutely gorgeous open space, which is criss-crossed with hiking/biking trails. As far as I understand, the open space is fully-owned by the neighborhood association and cannot be further developed.

Regarding horses, a stable that provides boarding is right inside the hogback on W Ken Caryl Avenue. Good luck on your house-hunting trip.

Last edited by formercalifornian; 06-09-2007 at 04:01 PM..

Old 06-09-2007, 09:01 PM

Further information on Ken-Caryl Ranch...

My in-laws confirm that the valley was completely built out in the 90's, so you'll need to look elsewhere if you want a newer house. Nonetheless, please don't be too quick to write it off. K-C Valley is gorgeous, with mature landscaping, stunning views of the mountains, well-built homes, great schools, and wonderful amenities. It might suit you very well. If it weren't for an untenable commute, I would buy there in a second.

Old 06-09-2007, 09:20 PM

11,547 posts, read 52,903,008 times
Nobody here seems to be aware that the K-C Ranch has it's own very nice boarding stable available to the folks living in the mountain side areas, away from the Williamsburg side (on the Eastern edge of K-C Ranch).

One of the best things about that location is the K-C Ranch trail riding around the area and up into the foothills. A gorgeous place to ride right on your doorstep.

Old 06-09-2007, 10:44 PM

11,810 posts, read 34,265,174 times
There is an equestrian center on the Valley side of K-C and they do offer boarding.

The poster specifically asked for new or newer housing.

I remember when the Parade of Homes was at K-C Valley in 1990, my second year in real estate...

Old 06-09-2007, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsprit View Post
Nobody here seems to be aware that the K-C Ranch has it's own very nice boarding stable available to the folks living in the mountain side areas, away from the Williamsburg side (on the Eastern edge of K-C Ranch).
Is that the facility I referred to in my above post? Or is there another one?

Quote:
Regarding horses, a stable that provides boarding is right inside the hogback on W Ken Caryl Avenue.
We have friends who board there, and they seem to have been happy with the facility. Additionally, the stable is very convenient to the valley neighborhood that would best fit your price range, just a quick jaunt down a paved trail. Here's a link to more information...

Ken-Caryl Ranch (http://www.ken-carylranch.org/InnerPage.asp?pk=73&sse=3 - broken link)

Here's a photo of dawn breaking over the hogback. The photographer appears to be on Ken-Caryl Ave, just north of the equestrian center, looking south. If you look closely, you'll see a bank of trees and the tops of a couple of buildings in the right lower-most corner. That would be the stables.

hogback dawn on Flickr - Photo Sharing! (http://www.flickr.com/photos/mike_ormsby/394848707/ - broken link)

And, here is another series of photos of the valley from another photographer...

Ken Caryl Valley pictures from colorado photos on webshots

Best regards...FC

Last edited by formercalifornian; 06-09-2007 at 11:55 PM..

Old 06-10-2007, 12:21 AM

8 posts, read 145,963 times
Thank You all so much for the wonderful information! I do feel more drawn to Ken Caryl, and an older UPDATED home would do. Plus I do like all of the mature landscaping. Thank you for the fabulous pictures! Wow, I cannot wait to take our house hunting trip! I will definitely check out the KC boarding facility, as well as the Castle Rock area ( I haven't ventured this area as of yet) Thank You again!~Sundaybunday

Old 06-10-2007, 09:53 PM

5,529 posts, read 12,570,446 times
You mentioned earlier that you were also thinking of homes in Trailmark. This community is not very far from Ken Caryl and the homes are newer. You should still keep that area on your list.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado