U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2010, 02:38 PM

2 posts, read 4,365 times

Advertisements

Been seriously considering moving to Colorado next year and am just starting my research. I will be moving with my dad who is a disabled veteren (physically) and he is wanting to retire somewhere else. We have been looking into Loveland area since it seems to be close to the Estes park. I was thinking he could get an ATV for his hunting and parks trips. We are not making alot of money but will have about 10-15k for the move. We have also considered trying to find a furnished apartment instead of bring all out belongings with us... can some help with a decent place for living that is cost effective but more than likely temporary as we get settled... ?? Any room in Colorado for some country guys..??

Thanks.. Jason

Last edited by Jasonn20; 04-15-2010 at 03:29 PM..
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2010, 08:47 PM

8,317 posts, read 25,095,377 times
Sorry, but no place in Colorado is a very attractive place to try to move to and live on the cheap. If you want to be close to a VA hospital, etc. for those services, you just about have to live on the Front Range or at Grand Junction on the Western Slope. You might consider Cheyenne, Wyoming, which is more affordable than much of Colorado and does have a good VA hospital right in town. The climate there is pretty rigorous, though.

Old 04-15-2010, 11:21 PM

2 posts, read 4,365 times
Thanks for your response but we are not poor but just need the first foot hole to move forward.. I will be the person who takes care of my dad as I am a hard working straight forward person. I need Colorado to adopt me as I am more focused on a job more than anything else... so .. is Loveland a place for an honest country guy who is just trying to better himself.. ???

Old 04-16-2010, 12:02 AM

12,102 posts, read 20,348,297 times
There are plenty of places you can look. Loveland is a great town as well as Colorado Springs or Pueblo. They are not to big but not to small and close to the mountains.

Old 04-16-2010, 12:43 AM

16 posts, read 48,803 times
Hello Jason20, I have been offered a job out that way and did a good bit of research into Johnstown, Fort Collins, Greely, and Loveland. And Loveland is the town for me, it only has about 70,000 population, good water, and great views. I also have checked throughout the town for rental possibilities and for the most part there are plenty of reasonably priced apts. and small homes/townhouses/duplexes from 550 to 750 and then there are the pricey ones as well. Depends on your standards....personally I'm not worried much because there is hardly any crime to speak of so you don't have to worry much about where to start off. I'm gonna get a place south of Lake Loveland, everything in that area seems the kind of money I wanna spend startin out.....I'll sign a small lease and figure out where I want to move for a longer stay next. By the way, I'm coming from Baton Rouge, La. so you won't be the only country boy out there...haha! Hope this helps.

Old 04-17-2010, 09:17 PM

132 posts, read 302,346 times
Jasonn20: The previous poster is correct--Loveland has the most to offer someone just getting started in CO. It is a very nice, "small" town that is close to Ft. Collins (which is much busier and the traffic is horrendous due to the college and tons of shopping) and it is relatively close to Estes Park, but it will still take about 30 min or so to get there, as the road is very windy and people with large motorhomes go very slowly up the canyon. Check out Ft. Collins' downtown while you are there--it is very nicely restored.
Avoid Johnstown, which has nothing to offer a young person, and Greeley is OK but is much farther from Estes and is not an attractive place to live. (I lived there for 5 years, and only stayed because I had a fantastic job.)
Another poster mentioned Cheyenne, WY, and you should take a look at that also, as its "city" has a "town" feel as well and you would be right in the midst of the cowboys there. There is more to do in Cheyenne than Loveland, and there is a fabulous rock-climbing/park place between Laramie and Cheyenne that is amazing to see.
Good luck to you.

Old 04-23-2010, 07:31 AM

3 posts, read 5,193 times
Here is a link to an apartment complex in colorado springs, I know its not loveland but in the chance you are unable to find what you're looking for in loveland this could be another option for you the rates are reasonable and they have furnished and unfurnished apartments as well as a few options for lease terms that go from 1 month to a year, allows pets and even have military, student and senior discounts on rent. Colorado Springs also offers alot of what you mentioned for outdoor activities and parks (check out Garden of the Gods) its not too big of a town either and also has the VA Medical Clinic. I have been unable to find any other apartment complex like this in colorado. Also try checking out mycheapapartments.com, it has more options on that site than I've seen on rent.com or move.com.

hope this helps Colorado is a beautiful state, wherever you end up, good luck with the move and hope you find what you're looking for there!

Fillmore Crossing Apartments. Colorado Spring, Colorado. (http://www.fillmorecrossing.com/index.html - broken link)

Last edited by cstaubs86; 04-23-2010 at 07:44 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado