Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2010, 07:23 AM

2 posts, read 17,025 times

Advertisements

I've picked my way through roads like that before in a passenger car. If it's not just a mass of deep ruts and huge holes and giant rocks, it's doable.

Mostly a place to sleep before and after a hike along the divide up there, but "away from town" is nice.

Thanks! I'll look around when I get there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2010, 10:25 AM

7 posts, read 17,271 times
I know of a bunch of places and people that do this all the time. You may have to move every few weeks but no biggie. [mod]No links to your own website please! [/mod] Cheers.

Last edited by katzenfreund; 11-14-2010 at 12:30 PM..

Old 10-25-2011, 11:43 PM

1 posts, read 1,379 times
I realize that this is an older post, but does anyone have any info on winter camping in summit? I have a truck camper, so moving around would be easy enough. Anything you might be willing to share would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Old 10-26-2011, 07:32 AM

9,846 posts, read 22,668,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skiyogi View Post
I realize that this is an older post, but does anyone have any info on winter camping in summit? I have a truck camper, so moving around would be easy enough. Anything you might be willing to share would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
I'd say your chances are pretty slim as almost anyplace is posted no parking for campers.

Old 10-26-2011, 11:44 AM

3,296 posts, read 9,685,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
I'd say your chances are pretty slim as almost anyplace is posted no parking for campers.
Yeah, I agree with wanneroo here. The places that are traditionally free are public lands, mainly Forest Service in the mountains. However, due to snow almost all of the FS roads that allow dispersed camping are closed in the winter. And if they aren't closed, you run the risk of getting stuck or snowed in if you try.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado