U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2011, 03:22 PM

1,706 posts, read 2,922,123 times

Advertisements

I know I drove on 470 on Thanksgiving and I got the bill in January. It didn't have any late charges though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2011, 10:46 PM

7,044 posts, read 6,169,737 times
glad for the info. me or anybody I know wouldnt go near that ripoff sewer. how you people put up with that mafia payoff scheme is quite amazing to me. never get away with that where I'm at VOTE

Old 02-16-2011, 09:26 AM

1,167 posts, read 2,141,866 times
I too have had a weird experience with the billing. I went about a mile on the road last summer. Never got anything from the the state or toll board. Then in Dec. got a notice that I was past due for the toll, and the late fee would come to $200! I called them, ready to argue. Apparently there was a switch over from the state-run toll system to some collection agency. So they gave me a new number to call. When I called the collection agency I was informed that they no longer dealt with the matter, so they referred me back to the toll company. And when I finally called them, they told me there was some amnesty period and they would wave the fees and I owed them $1. What a waste of time and money all around!

I agree that 470 is definitely a joke. I still take the backroads to get to the airport, and it really only takes a few more minutes and saves me $4-6.

Old 05-28-2011, 09:22 AM

1 posts, read 3,985 times
Hello, I have experienced that same thing. My first statment that I received was from a collection agency, $154.25!!! This was orginally for $9 in tolls! The even funnier thing is that I have an express toll transponder on my other vehicle, same name, same address. In my opinion, their system is terrible. It can't match 2 addresses, 2 names? Why would I Just now receive a statement!? I haven't spoken to them yet but I will this Tuesday... keep you updated.

Old 05-28-2011, 03:43 PM

31 posts, read 54,060 times
Thanks for bumping this useful topic, looks like our rental car company will automatically opt us in, we'll be to and from the airport and the Boulder area over several weekends in June as we look for a place. At least it doesn't look like Colorado has the red light camera tickets, which are all over the Dallas suburbs; we're lucky to have only been dinged once in four years. I will say this - in areas that have them you rarely see drivers running red lights, or trying to get an early jump on the green.

Old 05-28-2011, 04:43 PM

2,533 posts, read 5,817,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DallastoCO View Post
. . . At least it doesn't look like Colorado has the red light camera tickets, which are all over the Dallas suburbs. . ..
Boulder certainly has them - At South Boulder Rd & Foothills, at 28th & Arapahoe, for a couple of examples.

Old 05-28-2011, 04:49 PM

80 posts, read 125,114 times
Aurora has them. I was stopped at a red light yesterday, while in Aurora, first in line to turn left. The only moving traffic were going west and east, and they had a green light. All of a sudden, in the middle of their green light, the red light camera flashed, but no one had ran any of the lights. It was obviously a malfunction, but it has me wondering whether or not someone will get a ticket in the mail for a light they didn't run.

Old 05-28-2011, 06:23 PM

12,840 posts, read 23,199,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMidnightSoul View Post
Aurora has them. I was stopped at a red light yesterday, while in Aurora, first in line to turn left. The only moving traffic were going west and east, and they had a green light. All of a sudden, in the middle of their green light, the red light camera flashed, but no one had ran any of the lights. It was obviously a malfunction, but it has me wondering whether or not someone will get a ticket in the mail for a light they didn't run.
That happens all the time.

They are all over the metro area, and in Boulder.

Old 05-28-2011, 07:15 PM

841 posts, read 1,249,072 times
Colorado Springs has four red-light cameras, I think. I can't remember the exact number.

Old 06-01-2011, 06:04 PM

331 posts, read 866,774 times
I've also gotten a bill plus a late fee for driving down that stretch of road. I kept seeing the sign that said Express Toll, but never a booth where I could just pay cash, and didn't really see a spot to turn off. I'd never been through one of those before. Now I just avoid that stretch of road altogether. Trick me twice, shame on me.

I've only received a ticket once for speeding in Boulder, and a van parked on the side of the road was equipped with a camera. I was able to keep going on my way, pay the fine, and not affect my driving record from it. I'm generally pretty meticulous about my speed, especially through residential areas, so I'm suspicious of the ticket, but I consider that my punishment for going to Boulder. I don't go there anymore either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado