U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2011, 10:42 AM

1,533 posts, read 1,367,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky-13 View Post
C-470 (on the West side of Denver) is FREE
E-470 (East side of Denver) is the toll road
I'm very aware of that. So what? How does that change the data on prices I posted?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2011, 11:17 AM

1 posts, read 1,364 times
This is a ripoff scam. I received a bill yesterday and one of the times they said I used their roads I was having dinner with my wife on our anniversary. I have never been on these roads. Any picture of my vehicle is a fake. Immediately contact the BBB in Denver, Colorado and the Colorado Attorney General at 303-866-4500.

bureau

Old 11-30-2011, 07:03 PM

1 posts, read 1,266 times
Me too. I live in Oklahoma and forgot about using the toll road. I never got any bills until the late fees/attorney fee letter came. Strange how the attorney can find me but the monthly billing cannot !!! Very irritated ! ! !

Old 11-30-2011, 10:42 PM

1,533 posts, read 1,367,465 times
I have never been on the toll portion...but got a bill the other day. How do you prove you weren't there? Total rip-off.

Old 01-17-2013, 01:35 PM

1 posts, read 919 times
I had the same issue 4 months later received a my first billing, with late charges and fees. I called and told them this was the first billing I received, operator 77 was very rude and snarky, unwilling to help at all.

I also called Attorney Generals office 303-866-4500.

Old 03-26-2014, 04:19 PM

1,494 posts, read 1,437,479 times
Found this thread on a google search for 'licenseplatetoll+scam", so I guess I'll add my experience...

I received a $3.40 bill from LicensePlateToll today for the same thing - Driving on E-470 toll road. Only problem is, the car they billed it to has never been out of southern NM. It would have overheated and blown up if I tried to take it to CO. So I immediately figured it was some sort of scam. (Pretty lame scam, for $3.40 - but that's beside the point).

Anyway, I called the toll-free number on the bill, which matched the one on their website, and talked to an agent in billing. She pulled up the picture that was taken, compared it to my bill, and noticed that it was one digit off from my license plate. So they cleared the bill and apologized for the hassle.

A minor annoyance, but worth the 10 minute call.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado