U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2017, 02:14 AM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
20,793 posts, read 37,464,612 times

Advertisements

I am a priority member and only rent from top tier, but only got smacked once due to an urgent trip. Otherwise I don't use e-470 on my frequent trips. ~ 8- 10x per yr for last 36 yrs

you have 2 'reasonable' options.
1) rent a transponder for a daily rate of $7-$8 ($240/ month transponder ONLY (+ tolls) is great for your one month rental with 5 minutes of 1 day on e-470)
2) You MUST set up a prepaid account and can pre-register your rental car BEFORE you drive it on e 470; Pretty handy on a snowy night after midnight, when typical renter has no clue how to do this and DIDN'T Pre register.

3rd and most frequent option... get smacked by collection agency and rental company.

Sunpass does not cover Colorado

yeah, this is a really SWEET toll deal if you are in FL for a month
~$210/ month for tolling Dollar / Thrifty
$52.49 maximum weekly fee. PlatePass® All-Inclusive Tolling must be sold for the length of the rental contract. It cannot be purchased only on certain days.

Fox; ~$270 / month toll fee
Maximum PlatePass fee of $134.85 per rental agreement (15 days).

Last edited by StealthRabbit; 09-22-2017 at 02:36 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2017, 08:14 AM

440 posts, read 819,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwman2830 View Post
I wouldn't worry about StealthRabbit's response, especially if you rented the car from a reputable agency like Avis/Budget, Enterprise or Hertz. These guys enroll you in a toll payment plan automatically but don't charge you if you don't use tolls at all. However, some will charge a service fee for each day once you use it, even on days you don't. Worse if you rented from one of those cheaper like Dollar-Rent-A-Car or Fox. If you don't enroll in their overpriced "all-inclusive" daily plan and use electronic tolls, they will slap you with high administrative. fees. Sunpass website has good overview of nationwide rental car agencies toll plans that are valid not just for Florida but all states.

https://www.sunpass.com/rentalcar

You can go to Highway Toll Administration website to look up your toll bill. You will need you credit card or contract number.
https://www.htallc.com/ReceiptRequestAgencies.aspx
Thanks for responding. I did get my CC bill last night and got the Toll bill, which was right about what I expected (National car rental fwiw), so that's one problem avoided.

Old 09-22-2017, 12:25 PM

262 posts, read 135,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthRabbit View Post

Sunpass does not cover Colorado
Lol I did not tell the OP to buy Sunpass, just look at the information on Sunpass website they have on eToll and PlatePass used by rental agencies nationwide.

HTOLL agency works with all different toll agencies operates in all states. I found the Sunpass website most helpful and transparent about toll fees assessed by rental car agencies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado