U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2010, 07:24 PM
SYS SYS started this thread

297 posts, read 616,053 times
Default Express Toll? What the Heck is This?

I just got in my mailbox a bill from this thing called "Express Toll," stating that I need to pay up for using "E-470 and the I-25 express lane." Frankly, I don't even remember using such "express lane." Does anyone know anything about this? I'm from Colorado Springs, so I don't know what's going on up north. Are they taking photos of license plates of certain lanes and send you bills? This thing is leaving me with a bad taste in my mouth, as it did when they shot some photos of my license plate while visiting Arizona.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2010, 07:32 PM

2,320 posts, read 3,820,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SYS View Post
I just got in my mailbox a bill from this thing called "Express Toll," stating that I need to pay up for using "E-470 and the I-25 express lane." Frankly, I don't even remember using such "express lane." Does anyone know anything about this? I'm from Colorado Springs, so I don't know what's going on up north. Are they taking photos of license plates of certain lanes and send you bills? This thing is leaving me with a bad taste in my mouth, as it did when they shot some photos of my license plate while visiting Arizona.
If you used E-470, you would get a bill in the mail:

https://www.expresstoll.com/Default....NonStopTolling

Quote:
License Plate Toll:

You are automatically a License Plate Toll customer on E-470 if you are not an EXpressToll customer with a transponder. Cameras will photograph the front and rear license plates and a bill will be sent to the registered owner of the vehicle for their tolls.

Whether you have a Colorado or an out-of-state license plate, the billing process works the same for all vehicle registrations. You will receive your bill after using E-470.

No advance registration is required. Customers drive non-stop and are billed later. Full payment must be received by the due date on the bill or each of the transactions listed on the statement will become toll violations. In that case, a toll violation citation for each toll will be sent to the vehicle’s registered owner.

Old 04-29-2010, 07:35 PM

8,898 posts, read 11,733,637 times
If you drove on E-470 or in the I-25 express lane, then you'll get a bill like this. IMO it wouldn't have been hard to know whether you drove on one of those or not.

Old 04-30-2010, 05:22 PM

622 posts, read 1,148,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Aguilar View Post
If you drove on E-470 or in the I-25 express lane, then you'll get a bill like this. IMO it wouldn't have been hard to know whether you drove on one of those or not.
It is well posted so I agree you would know. It beats the old system where if you missed a toll you would get the toll bill + a fine of around $70/toll booth. And if you didn't pay that's take your license.

Old 11-23-2010, 04:09 PM

1 posts, read 18,722 times
Terrible customer service!

I received a bill from this company and it had late fees on it when it was the first bill I had received. I called the company and spoke to several of their representatives and they claimed that they had sent 4 previous bills even though they had never arrived at my house. I called my post office and they said that if the company did not have a tracking number for the letter there was no was to prove that the letter was ever delivered. I called Express Toll back and they were completely unreasonable and very rude! They refused to waive the late fee even though I had never received a bill prior.

DO NOT DRIVE ON THIS ROAD, THEY WILL ********* OVER!!!!

It's not worth the hassle of dealing with their bureaucratic nonsense!

Old 11-24-2010, 04:29 AM

8,898 posts, read 11,733,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KungfuMel View Post
Terrible customer service!

I received a bill from this company and it had late fees on it when it was the first bill I had received. I called the company and spoke to several of their representatives and they claimed that they had sent 4 previous bills even though they had never arrived at my house. I called my post office and they said that if the company did not have a tracking number for the letter there was no was to prove that the letter was ever delivered. I called Express Toll back and they were completely unreasonable and very rude! They refused to waive the late fee even though I had never received a bill prior.

DO NOT DRIVE ON THIS ROAD, THEY WILL ********* OVER!!!!

It's not worth the hassle of dealing with their bureaucratic nonsense!
I've never received a bill from them, but if I or my wife ever drive on it (I strongly discourage both of us from doing so), I call them two weeks later and tell them I need to pay for my usage of the road.

They've told me "they've sent me bills", but when I tell them that I never received them, they just say, "oh, that's fine, we'll waive the fees.".

Old 02-15-2011, 01:45 PM

1 posts, read 18,359 times
i received a bill as well and i was trying to remember if i ever drove in CO. Then i remembered my mother borrowed my car this past summer for training in Denver. Does it really take that long for the bill to come through? I've never got any notices except this one and a collection agency at that? I just paid for my bill on line, I hope I didn't just open a can of worms into my personal account information.

Old 02-15-2011, 01:55 PM

1,931 posts, read 4,340,617 times
I got a bill 4 months after going and it was my first bill. It too had late fees, I called and they told me they had sent several others. I didn't waste my time and just paid the darn thing while mumbling under my breath.

It had changed though. You used to be able to stop at the toll booths and pay your toll. Every toll booth was vacant and there were signs but by the time I got to destination B and had internet access, and everything was in turmoil, I forgot to look. But that doesn't mean I should get my first bill 4 months later.

We are both in error, but it still stinks.

Old 02-15-2011, 02:45 PM

4,265 posts, read 7,114,355 times
I had a very weird experience with the toll road back a few years ago. I had to drive to USAirport Parking and came off 470 at 96th and I swear to this day there was no payment booth on the side of the road because I really looked for it. I didn't want to get fined for missing a lousy $0.75 payment. The booth was not there so I just kept going. A few weeks later I got my violation notice and demand for $40 and a photo of my car going past the payment booth. Now I don't know if they photoshopped that but I swear to this day the bl**dy thing was NOT there when I drove up that ramp. Anyway, since then I've had a transponder so they just debit my account.

Old 02-15-2011, 02:59 PM

540 posts, read 813,035 times
Crappy system they have. I too used 470 back in November and never got a bill. Just last week, I get a bill with a late fee, from a collection agency!

Same thing...rude and inconsiderate. I know I drove on 470, but what do you do when you never get a bill?

Something's wrong somewhere...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado