U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2007, 12:47 AM

9 posts, read 38,530 times

Advertisements

Hello all,

I'm moving to Fort Collins in the beginning of August, and am getting ready to start sending out my resume for jobs. A bit of background, I just graduated with a bachelor's of science in Information Systems. I've also got 4 years of experience to go with that.

Looking at relevant jobs (primarily technical/desktop support type jobs), I see a lot of openings in the area's around Fort Collins, such as Loveland, and Longmont. Looking at Google maps, I can estimate the distance between these places, which doesn't seem to be more then 10-20 miles, but realistically, what's the commute time from Fort Collins to some of these areas? The area's specifically I'm interested in are: Loveland, Longmont, and Greeley, though Boulder as well if that's at all realistic.

Ideally I'll find something in Fort Collins itself, but I'm trying to be prepared, just in case!

By the by, I'll be located near the intersection of S. Taft Hill Road and West Prospect Road, if that helps.

Thanks!

PS - I've found a handful of CO specific sites, as well as the obvious Monster and CareerBuilder to search for jobs, but does anyone have any other suggestions on where to look online?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2007, 09:17 AM

2,755 posts, read 11,740,559 times
Boulder would be a hard commute from Fort Collins, because there's so much traffic heading toward Boulder from Longmont on the Diagonal. It would actually be a little bit faster to get to some of the employers in the far north metro near I-25 than it would be to go to Boulder, or to Interlocken via the Northwest Parkway toll road. In any case, I wouldn't commute past Longmont unless you are desperate.

Rough Commute times to various places from FC:
Loveland: 15 minutes
Greeley: 30 minutes
Longmont: 35 minutes

Old 06-15-2007, 09:50 PM

51 posts, read 159,365 times
Thumbs up For now

I live about a mile or so from where you'll be working. The northwest end of town is definitely an easier "rush hour" drive than the booming southeast, or anything toward I-25. If you can, try to rent near your job to save yourself grief, and use your free time (which you'll have a lot more of if you don't have to spend it commuting) to visit all over the Front Range. It's huge. You could drive just the neighborhoods of Fort Collins for months getting to know this place. Then there are dozens of other beautiful cities between here and Denver metro. There are several good property management companies that can help direct you to rentals, or check out craigslist or online classifieds. Google Earth to see the layout (aerial view, of course!) and this wonderful site--citydata.com! Hope you enjoy this next big step congratulations on your academic achievement!

Old 06-17-2007, 08:24 AM

8 posts, read 36,335 times
Boulder to Ft Collings is 45 min to and hour on a typical day with light traffic. If you are in peak travel times (i.e. to and from work) add 15 minutes. If the highway gets backed up double it. Longmont is 10-15 min closer than Boulder to Ft Collins.

-Dana
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or