Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2007, 01:39 PM

1 posts, read 4,945 times

Advertisements

I live in Atlanta and me and my wife are thinking about moving to Colorado or back to Chicago. Niether one of us are in the Tech business so does that mean that Colorado is not the place for us? I'm in Sports Business Management and she is a Psychologist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2007, 04:00 PM

8 posts, read 80,809 times
Due to mass migration, traffic sucks in town AND in the mountains and prices are mile high. Colorado's not the idyllic place to live anymore; unless you have tons of dough and can buy a nice spread in the mountains. Jobs are scarce also.

Old 06-30-2007, 08:33 AM

5 posts, read 47,986 times
Jobs are scarce??...just do some searching for work and you will know if the jobs are there or not! IT is not scarce by any means, that is for sure.

Old 06-30-2007, 09:56 AM

135 posts, read 599,837 times
Default ChaiOnKaw....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaiOnKaw View Post
Due to mass migration, traffic sucks in town AND in the mountains and prices are mile high. Colorado's not the idyllic place to live anymore; unless you have tons of dough and can buy a nice spread in the mountains. Jobs are scarce also.

Hi, what do u mean prices are mile high? Can u elaborate a bit on that, it's kind of a vague statement....thanks.

Old 06-30-2007, 10:06 AM

3 posts, read 13,494 times
I Want To Move To Colorado Also, But I Hear A Lot Negative Comments About It. I Was There Last Year But I Did Not See A Lot Problems, But My Friend Lives In Commerce City, He Is A Teacher And Told Me That Colorado People Are Prejudice Against Hispanic And Job Opportunities Are Not Really Good.

Old 06-30-2007, 10:19 AM

2,756 posts, read 12,971,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA_MAN View Post
I Want To Move To Colorado Also, But I Hear A Lot Negative Comments About It. I Was There Last Year But I Did Not See A Lot Problems, But My Friend Lives In Commerce City, He Is A Teacher And Told Me That Colorado People Are Prejudice Against Hispanic And Job Opportunities Are Not Really Good.
Job opportunities are fairly good right now, from what I can tell.

As for prejudice against Hispanics, I think there may be some truth to that. The illegal immigration debate tends to bring out the worst in many people, and I think for a few people it leads them to focus their anger on Hispanic people generally, regardless of their immigration status. I don't think such people are the majority here, but such prejudice does exist.

Old 07-02-2007, 10:50 PM

220 posts, read 776,440 times
Default Moving to CO was a great decision.

We moved here six months ago from Long Island and I do not regret the decision at all. The people are incredibly friendly in comparison with those from NY; the cost of living for us is considerably lower and the amount of people concerned with their health and the environment is truly invigorating and inspiring.

There is a great need for psychologists here and office space is cheap.

As for you- I would wager that the number of people involved in sports on a per-capita basis here in Colorado is among the highest in the nation. Just today, we saw people running, hiking, walking, literally hundreds of bike riders, guys climbing in the foothills, parachuting over north Boulder and this morning there were 6 people in hot air balloons. I'm sure there were others, but these are the ones I recall from today. There are many specialty retail stores here that range from kayaking to hardcore skiing or mountain climbing and everything in between. Sounds like a perfect fit!

I personally haven't seen any anti-latino sentiment at all.

Old 07-05-2007, 05:10 AM

156 posts, read 946,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA_MAN View Post
Dont believe everything you hear. Denver has a high hispanic population, so I wouldnt worry about those comments.

Old 07-05-2007, 11:52 AM

7,841 posts, read 18,990,879 times
LA_Man

you wrote: I Want To Move To Colorado Also, But I Hear A Lot Negative Comments About It. I Was There Last Year But I Did Not See A Lot Problems, But My Friend Lives In Commerce City, He Is A Teacher And Told Me That Colorado People Are Prejudice Against Hispanic And Job Opportunities Are Not Really Good.

Don't put too much stock in what anyone ( myself included ) tells you. It's only their opinion. Find out for yourself, becasue everyone sees things differently.

regards....Franco

Old 07-05-2007, 01:53 PM

11 posts, read 127,430 times
Smile colorado springs or outside of boulder?

Hi! My husband and I are planning on moving to Colorado (where we can afford a house-we're in CA now) but aren't sure which city would be the best for us. We have a 16 month old who needs to have lots to do, preferably outside or kid friendly museums. We love the mountains and want to be as close as possible. Can anyone tell me their opinions on these two places? Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado