U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2010, 07:11 PM

9,817 posts, read 19,026,437 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
Thank you for the kind words. I've seen the old RR town of Cumberland, MD bisected by I-68 to where it's almost impossible for both the road and the city to co-exist.

He're looking at ya!

YouTube - "I Can't Drive 55" -Sammy Hagar [HD]
That's a god awful mess, I-68 and Cumberland. I have to negotiate that every month and it's a pain. Not well thought out at all.

One thing that I would like for Denver to Colorado Springs is to do like New Jersey with a separate parallel road for semis.

Trains have a purpose in moving goods around long distances but you still need trucks to carry goods to the final destination.
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2010, 09:03 AM

12,102 posts, read 20,357,583 times
Exclamation City, CDOT sign contract to redesign I-25

I thought this was the best thread for the news about the interstate thru Pueblo as it looks like Pueblo will finally get a 6 lane interstate thru the city. The cost is a little less then I had heard, 750 million to 1 billion, but still expensive. It should start by 2014 and take 10 years to build. That will be fun to watch and take pictures of. IMO, this is just more proof that this is Pueblo's time.

Denver got T-Rex, Colorado Springs got COSMIX, I wonder what cute name Pueblo will get for the project?

The Colorado Department of Transportation and Pueblo city officials have been working on the redesign of Interstate 25 for a decade and it could well be another 10 years before major changes in the $750 million to $1 billion project are actually built.

The link: http://www.chieftain.com/news/local/...cc4c03286.html

Old 05-28-2010, 10:24 AM

7,755 posts, read 16,457,602 times
Come on jazz..tell us the other-side-of-the-story about Joseppies white elephant 750 million to 1 billion project that he is so excited about...proving to the world yet again that Pueblo is likely to become the greatest city this planet has ever seen. Move over LA, move over NYC, move over London, move over Paris. Pueblo is gaining fast.

Old 05-28-2010, 10:30 AM

299 posts, read 788,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicWizard View Post
Come on jazz..tell us the other-side-of-the-story about Joseppies white elephant 750 million to 1 billion project that he is so excited about...proving to the world yet again that Pueblo is likely to become the greatest city this planet has ever seen. Move over LA, move over NYC, move over London, move over Paris. Pueblo is gaining fast.
Wooooooooooooooo! Yet another MONUMENTAL project that will change the face of western civilization! I'm sure the Chamber of Commerce has been flooded with calls and emails from people wanting to know more about the city. Why would I ever say that I want to leave Pueblo? Am I crazy? This city is about to become the cultural and financial capital of the universe! (Sarcasm)

Old 05-28-2010, 11:21 AM

Quote:
You forgot Hong Kong! Perhaps that is the reason the New York Times is having issues, the Pueblo Chieftain is becoming the new national paper!

All joking aside Pueblo needs a better interstate as many interchanges in downtown have no acceleration lane and its a gamble getting on the interstate at times. Plus we do not have grid lock now but the traffic is heavy, over 70,000 cars a day on parts of the interstate thru the city. So as the city continues to grow, especially downtown with the Riverwalk and Convention Center, if nothing is done the interstate will be a major headache by 2020. Its nice to see CDOT being proactive for a change.

Old 05-28-2010, 12:57 PM

2,437 posts, read 7,110,434 times
Quote:
...proving to the world yet again that Pueblo is likely to become the greatest city this planet has ever seen.
Ahahahaa!

Old 05-28-2010, 02:22 PM

8,317 posts, read 25,107,644 times
My prediction is that the project will never happen. Given the dismal shape that CDOT is in financially--it has been delaying projects that have been "scheduled" time and again--for years--that if the @##&ing thing gets built by 2040, I'd be surprised. Truth is, before a shovel of dirt gets turned, the whole highway-centric piece of junk transportation system we have is going to become largely a crippled white elephant. Just like a lot of projected railroad projects in the late 19th Century that never got off the ground in Colorado, this thing will die as a historical footnote.

By the way, to give some idea of what I mean about CDOT delays, they may actually finish a highway improvement project in my area this year. Thing is, it was listed as a "high priority project" in about 1977, so it's only about 33 years behind schedule. Good thing that CDOT wasn't in charge of building the Egyptian pyramids--they'd still be working on them.

Last edited by jazzlover; 05-28-2010 at 03:05 PM..

Old 05-28-2010, 04:54 PM

^
It will happen as I-25 thru Pueblo was never designed to carry the kind of traffic it does or is projected to carry by 2020. If not it will be a death trap and that is not good for anyone who travels it at all.

Old 05-28-2010, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Maybe they can get some money from the American Porkulus and Indebtedness Act to pay for it. Pueblo is a "city on the move".

I am all for this 1 billion dollar project as it will enable me to drive even more quickly thru Pueblo once done. That's worth a billion.

Old 05-28-2010, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josseppie View Post
^
It will happen as I-25 thru Pueblo was never designed to carry the kind of traffic it does or is projected to carry by 2020. If not it will be a death trap and that is not good for anyone who travels it at all.
What about a high speed bypass around the city? Most people want to get thru Pueblo as quickly as possible so a bypass could handle that traffic and the current system could stay in place. That would probably work better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado