Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2010, 03:24 PM

305 posts, read 988,265 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzlover View Post
Get your facts right, Jim--Montrose is 5,800 feet elevation. Delta is just under 5,000.

For the OP, there is no place in Colorado less than 4,000 feet elevation unless you are well out on the Eastern Plains--nearly or completely out of sight of the mountains. Also, below 4,000 feet on the Eastern Plains, you will start to pick up some humidity--nothing like the Eastern or Southern states, but still some humidity. The summers also will be fairly hot, with winters that--though relatively mild most of the time--can have bitter cold spells and blizzards. There are few jobs like you mention on the Eastern Plains, just small farming and ranching communities.
Can the winters be as harsh as where I come from? Minnesota can be -45 and lots of snow. However the mountain driving would make me nervous but I am used to traffic I mean mpls alone is over 3 million people and I dont know how many million Saint Paul is. I have heard Arizona is great for health problems because of the dry heat. Just me chiming in. All I know is I fell in love with Colorado when I was their in the early eighties it's beautiful!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2010, 03:35 PM

26,111 posts, read 48,696,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by icequeen2008 View Post
Can the winters be as harsh as where I come from? Minnesota can be -45 and lots of snow. However the mountain driving would make me nervous but I am used to traffic I mean mpls alone is over 3 million people and I dont know how many million Saint Paul is. I have heard Arizona is great for health problems because of the dry heat. Just me chiming in. All I know is I fell in love with Colorado when I was their in the early eighties it's beautiful!!!
I know a family that moved here (COLO SPGS) from Duluth, MN and they were delighted with the change, especially the sunny winters compared to the gray skies for months up in MN. With the dry air we have fewer bugs and the heat and cold don't sap you like back east.

I think you'll find the Front Range of COLO very enjoyable, but if you move to the high country, you'll often get -20 and lots of snow.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 05-29-2010, 08:27 PM

6,288 posts, read 11,717,064 times
Not that anyone gives a crap, but as you drive 550/50 from Ridgway to GJ, you follow the Uncomp. and Gunn. rivers as they flow northwards towards Grand Junction:

Ridgway: 7000 feet
Montrose: 5800 feet
Delta: 5000 feet
Whitewater: 4600 feet
Grand Junction: 4500 feet

This is really ... an entirely useless fact

Old 05-30-2010, 10:18 AM

8,317 posts, read 29,357,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 80skeys View Post
Not that anyone gives a crap, but as you drive 550/50 from Ridgway to GJ, you follow the Uncomp. and Gunn. rivers as they flow northwards towards Grand Junction:

Ridgway: 7000 feet
Montrose: 5800 feet
Delta: 5000 feet
Whitewater: 4600 feet
Grand Junction: 4500 feet

This is really ... an entirely useless fact
Unless sensitivity to altitude is a factor in where you live--then it's very relevant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado