U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2014, 10:22 PM

5 posts, read 6,570 times

Advertisements

Thanks for your replies. I appreciate the honest opinions. I know the mentality you are referring to. I suppose that is fairly common in remote rural places, not just Paonia. I am sure the countryside is beautiful and it would be so nice to have an orchard.
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2014, 06:44 PM

529 posts, read 1,189,961 times
I love camping near Paonia in the West Elk Wilderness! Even if you don't live there be sure to still visit at least once if you can!

Old 03-26-2015, 01:05 PM

45 posts, read 34,430 times
Interesting. I have, in the past, considered applying for openings at High Country News, which is the only reason I could imagine living in Paonia myself. (I've been there once.) Anyway, other thoughts appreciated.

Old 01-21-2017, 09:48 AM

4 posts, read 10,432 times
Paonia is now America's newest Gigabit city with the arrival of Elevate fiber broadband. Things are picking up here despite the closure of two of three coal mines last year. Many are saying that Paonia 3.0 is upon us. Paonia 1.0 was orchards & farming, Paonia 2.0 was coal mining, Paonia 3.0 is now being defined but it's again centered around orchards, organic farms, wineries and now a haven for location neutral workers who simply require a high speed broadband link to make a living. If you are looking for a beautiful area to live in with a surprising amount of amenities, P-town is definitively worth a close look. Delta County is also on the upswing with plans just announced for a new Innovation Center to be created in the City of Delta.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado