U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area
 [Register]
Columbia area Columbia - Lexington - Irmo
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 06-13-2010, 06:52 PM

828 posts, read 918,333 times
And Columbia is part of the state.

There is a thread on the state wide forum but it isn't getting too much notice. Think maybe his constituency doesn't spend too much time on this forum?
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2010, 10:06 PM

6,911 posts, read 10,241,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akhenaton06 View Post
I said the same thing, and even brought it to the attention of a moderator. Moderating seems to be a joke here on CD though, so I'm not surprised.
Shoot, not over in the real estate forum. They can be touchy over there.

Old 06-14-2010, 12:11 AM

1,013 posts, read 1,425,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexingtonDad View Post
Why wouldn't it be a Columbia issue? The man managed to pull in almost 14,000 votes from Richland county alone. The people have spoken.
Yup.

Hey, he might do better for SC than Hillary Clinton did for New York!!!

Old 06-14-2010, 07:02 AM

7,943 posts, read 6,414,786 times
Quote:
Why wouldn't it be a Columbia issue? The man managed to pull in almost 14,000 votes from Richland county alone. The people have spoken.
True. Alvin Greene did not win in the Upstate.....he did win in the Midlands. Thanks Midlands!

Old 06-14-2010, 05:05 PM

4,732 posts, read 7,838,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
True. Alvin Greene did not win in the Upstate.....he did win in the Midlands. Thanks Midlands!
Thanks Greenville for your overwhelming support of Mark Sanford. He got killed in Richland County.

Old 06-14-2010, 05:45 PM

7,943 posts, read 6,414,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waccamatt View Post
Thanks Greenville for your overwhelming support of Mark Sanford. He got killed in Richland County.
Nice spin. When you simply can't debate the subject due to truth in the subject matter or lack of debate skills, go for changing the subject. FYI, the subject/topic of this thread is Alvin Greene. I feel for you Waccamatt.....

Old 06-14-2010, 06:31 PM

4,732 posts, read 7,838,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
Nice spin. When you simply can't debate the subject due to truth in the subject matter or lack of debate skills, go for changing the subject. FYI, the subject/topic of this thread is Alvin Greene. I feel for you Waccamatt.....
The thread should have been in the general SC forum and not in the Columbia forum. You use the tactic all the time where you pic a singular place in time (like on the weather thread) that supports whatever pathetic argument you're trying to make rather than looking at averages over a period of time. A perfect example is your latest comment in the heatwave thread. Frankly, I think you should just stick to the Greenville forum.

Old 06-14-2010, 06:49 PM

9,043 posts, read 4,597,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tama View Post
But the bottom line is the voters did it! Those who voted for him and those who stayed home. I don't think it is a South Carolina thing. South Carolina is a wonderful place in my opinion. (Am not from SC by the way.) I think it is a particular group of voters thing. A number--enough for a majority-- of voters are lacking in good judgement. (And it isn't limited to SC)
You are so right ... 42 out of 46 South Carolina counties cast their vote for Mr. Greene. Yet he is the butt of media jokes. It's right pitiful he is the victim here. His own party won't support him. Fowler Chairperson of SC Dems questions the alphabetic order on the ballot, Clyburn is screaming he is a GOP plant, voters that will admit voting for him say they thought it was Rev Al Green the gospel music singer duhhh and tonight on the local news they are checking out the voting machines ... the machines were purchased used from Louisiana and Louisiana had problems with them. Regardless of the charges pending against him he has been hung out to dry by his party.

I was born and raised here and seen it all over the years but this is a new one on me.

Old 06-14-2010, 10:37 PM

8,190 posts, read 5,740,408 times
Quote:
Because it was a statewide election, not a county election. He was running for the Democratic candidate for SC, not Richland County.

Old 06-15-2010, 01:32 AM

9,043 posts, read 4,597,073 times
Columbia is our capital and the Political Forum isn't interested in South Carolina politics except to rag us. There is really no where else to put this post and most of us that live here are either embarrassed by the whole thing ... or find humor in it ... or just don't understand what happened and what the end results will be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area