Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area
 [Register]
Columbia area Columbia - Lexington - Irmo
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2010, 02:40 AM

135 posts, read 226,053 times

Advertisements

Looks like i will be moving to the Sumter area in April. Going to be stationed at Shaw. Was going to be the family and I but it seems things have changed for the worse. Anyway, definitely looking at purchasing a house for myself. Would like a three bedroom in the Dalzell area. I love the country, so as far into the country as possible would be great. Who are some good realtors in the area? This would be my first house purchase ever so i am a newbie. Hopefully getting a VA loan. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2010, 08:58 AM

843 posts, read 2,747,539 times
I found what worked best for us when I bought our house was to do all the leg work and just call our realtor when there was one we wanted to see. I knew what we wanted better than any realtor did (the few he tried suggesting weren't that great, or I was able to tell him I had already checked it out and eliminated it as an option), so I scanned all the listings and when I'd find something that looked appealing I'd drive out and look at the exterior, the neighborhood, etc. If I liked what I saw, I'd call up and get him to request a walk-through. Aside from that and submitting the actual offer, I didn't need a/my realtor. I'm not saying that realtors don't have their uses or aren't any good. I'm just saying that, for a motivated hard-charger with initiative like me, working for myself was the best option.

For a 'country' setting, look into the Wedgefield area, too.

I'm about to go to lunch, so I'm keeping this response quick, but feel free to ask any questions you may have and I'll follow-up later.

Old 09-27-2010, 02:19 AM

8 posts, read 11,459 times
Sorry bout that 22. I'm still heading that way in December ... perhaps still with my girlfriend, unless she finds out what Korea is all about!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area