Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area
 [Register]
Columbia area Columbia - Lexington - Irmo
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-17-2011, 02:38 PM

15 posts, read 27,466 times

Advertisements

My wife and I just moved to Columbia in October last year because I transferred to USC. We were in the process of buying a house and ended up getting an apartment because we had to back out of buying a house at the last minute. Anyways we are currently living at The Mill at Broad River we thought it looked decent and its a big apartment for what you pay. But after living here for a a few months and getting to know Columbia a bit more I personally want to move to a better area. The apartments are quite old and you can hear your neighbors very easily. The lady beneath us periodically blasts her music and you can hear the bass clearly in our apartment. On the flip side she easily hears our dogs run around every day. Everyone in our complex has dogs yet people feel the need to throw there trash outside where everyone takes there dogs to the bathroom. Our A/C is terrible and my wife had them look at it when we first moved in and they said they fixed it, but it still doesn't work right. We will move out early if they don't fix it when we need to start using it.

Well I am planning ahead and searching where to get an apartment when our lease is up. I am pretty much sold on Lexington and so far the Lauren Ridge apartments is at the top of the list. I was wondering which apartments people recommend in Lexington. The two big things for us is a quiet and dog friendly place. We have 2 dogs and we preferred an apartment that had an area where we could take our dogs to play. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area