Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area
 [Register]
Columbia area Columbia - Lexington - Irmo
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2011, 11:29 AM

7,331 posts, read 15,386,950 times

Advertisements

That's pretty cool. Brazilian steakhouses aren't quite my scene, but I think folks around here will like it. What's with that name change, though? I mean... "Cowboy"?

And that's a great location and a beautiful building.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2011, 03:47 PM

6,830 posts, read 16,565,096 times
The name is absurd, but I think they'll have a market. I don't eat much red meat, but maybe there will be other options at lunch.

Old 05-19-2011, 04:39 PM

257 posts, read 327,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
Cool.

This paragraph from the article made me chuckle:
While their restaurant at Myrtle Beach is called Gauchao Brazilian Steakhouse, Santos said they decided to simplify the name of the Columbia location by translating from the Portuguese to “cowboy.”
“Everybody can say that,” he said.

Little things mean a lot.
What do you think it means?

Old 05-19-2011, 05:11 PM

3,961 posts, read 11,022,761 times
well if this place is as good as the "chain"s like fodo de chao, we're in for some good eating!
matt note that most of these places also have different cuts of chicken and pork they bring out to you as well, along with a large salad/veggie bar. I myself dont eat much there for beef, it's just the experience I enjoy. Kinda nice being able to sample different foods, eat what you want when you want, and then waddle out the door after you had the card "green side up" one too many times.

Old 05-19-2011, 06:05 PM

7,993 posts, read 12,861,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger17 View Post
well if this place is as good as the "chain"s like fodo de chao, we're in for some good eating!
matt note that most of these places also have different cuts of chicken and pork they bring out to you as well, along with a large salad/veggie bar. I myself dont eat much there for beef, it's just the experience I enjoy. Kinda nice being able to sample different foods, eat what you want when you want, and then waddle out the door after you had the card "green side up" one too many times.

Exactly. The one that has been in Greenville for years has chicken, as well as lamb, sausages and all cuts of pork.

Hope it does well. The name still makes me chuckle. Several of us have had a good laugh over the name change today.

Old 05-19-2011, 06:48 PM

1,941 posts, read 4,470,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
Exactly. The one that has been in Greenville for years has chicken, as well as lamb, sausages and all cuts of pork.

Hope it does well. The name still makes me chuckle. Several of us have had a good laugh over the name change today.
Yes, agree on all fronts (including the name choice). $30 seems to be the going price point for a meal at a Brazilian steak house. This will be another nice option in downtown Columbia.

Old 05-19-2011, 07:17 PM

4,280 posts, read 12,669,028 times
Within a few months of opening, my wife and I will most certainly have dinner there.

She does not like red meat that much and while I like red meat, 12oz is more then enough for me. The concept, as I understand it from The State (Rag), is eat as much as you want for $29.95. If so, this may not work for us even if they throw chicken, lamb, etc in on the deal but we will try it.

Also, why did they "dumb" the name down for Columbia?

Old 05-19-2011, 08:30 PM

74 posts, read 224,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by accufitgolf View Post
Is that a rhetorical question?

Old 05-19-2011, 09:21 PM

257 posts, read 327,735 times
The first thing I that came to mind re the name change is that it might have been hard to pronounce for the people in Myrtle Beach so they wanted to make sure they avoid that in Columbia. I don't think Myrtle Beach is exactly known for attracting high culture and refined tourists.

Old 05-20-2011, 05:58 AM

7,993 posts, read 12,861,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by accufitgolf View Post
Says a lot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area