Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area
 [Register]
Columbia area Columbia - Lexington - Irmo
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2011, 08:27 PM

2 posts, read 5,037 times

Advertisements

Hey all - I've scoured the internet and have reviewed prior posts but wanted some more specific suggestions.

I'm potentially moving to Columbia this summer and have narrowed my search to Lexington and NE Columbia.

I'm looking for an apartment complex that is
1. Safe - gated preferable
2. Dog friendly (2 mini-dachshunds)
3. Relatively quiet (young professional 30s+, not college)

Online reviews suck - I know people are more likely to write negative reviews and over a period of 10 years of course some people don't like a complex for this or that reason...

I've looked at the following:
1. Reserve at Mill Landing
2. Meridian at Lauren Ridge
3. Providence Park Apartments
4. Oak Grove at Wildewood
5. Haven at Windsor Lake (poor overall reviews large sample)
6. Lullwater at Saluda Pointe (poor overall reviews also a large sample)

Anybody have other suggestions or live at the above and have input on these apartment complexes? I'm getting married next month, no kids, looking to rent for 1-2 years before buying a house we hope to have for 20+ years. Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2011, 05:53 PM

193 posts, read 540,204 times
Cedarcrest Village in Lexington. I lived there for 13 months and would have gladly renewed my lease if I hadn't bought a home. (And I am picky!!!) A mix of young/old. Gated, although gate is broken more often than I liked. We had 2 small dogs there and it is dog friendly with many bag stations and also a small fenced in area they can be off leash. Remarkably quiet for such a large complex. One downside is proximity to the train tracks. Your best bet is to get in a building the furthest from those. We were in the 1500 building and it didn't bother me.

We looked everywhere for an apartment and picked Cedarcrest Village. Great price, clean apartments. They put in new carpet after each tenant and also paint everything. It is convenient to shopping, I-20, library is within walking distance. I really do miss being so close to everything.

Of course it IS an apartment complex and there will always be a few less than desirable neighbors, but we were on the 2nd floor and it was usually so quiet that I forgot I was in an apartment. Also met great people there that I still keep in touch with.

Good luck in your search!

Old 04-26-2011, 08:05 AM

899 posts, read 2,279,445 times
I like the look of Lullwater off of 378 in Lexington. I believe a lot of young professionals live there. If I wanted an apartment in Lexingtin I'd probably look at Cedarcrest because they are newer and I think a little less expensive than Lullwater - not sure how they compare though. If you are also looking at NE Columbia then I've always heard good things about the Keswick which are close to the I-20 Clemson Rd. exit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area