Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area
 [Register]
Columbia area Columbia - Lexington - Irmo
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2011, 10:25 AM

5 posts, read 25,169 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone! I am thinking about moving to the are of forest acres & was wondering do anyone know anything about the Arborwood apts. Because from the way the manager was describing them she said it is a safe neighborhood. Can anyone tell me something about these apartments. They are on Percival Road! Thank you for your input in advance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2011, 04:58 PM

6,830 posts, read 16,565,096 times
Personally, I don't care for Percival Road. It is a typically transient area next to Fort Jackson.

Old 05-12-2011, 09:58 AM

1,886 posts, read 3,448,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lburnett8493 View Post
Hello everyone! I am thinking about moving to the are of forest acres & was wondering do anyone know anything about the Arborwood apts. Because from the way the manager was describing them she said it is a safe neighborhood. Can anyone tell me something about these apartments. They are on Percival Road! Thank you for your input in advance
Percival is a rather not-so-great area:

17-year-old Killed in Percival Road Shooting | wltx.com

I can't picture exactly which one is Arborwood. There's one with a main entrance on Lake Road, around the corner from Percival. That one changed management a few years ago, and the trash wasn't even being picked up for a while (it was on the news). From what I gather it was one of the nicest complexes in the Columbia area some years ago, and is gated however I'm not 100% sure the management uses the gates anymore. Hanging out at our friend's house mere feet from there we saw/heard fire trucks coming in and out of there, rather frequently.

There's a Sec. 8 complex right on Percival, and then there's a gated complex up near to the intersection with Forest Drive by I-77 and the gate at Ft. Jackson.

Personally, I'd avoid that little area of Forest Acres at all costs, and I have personal reasons which I won't elaborate on, here, plus we have a friend who lives mere feet from that area and he's had a lot of problems, and has tried selling his house for 3.5 years now but can't sell due to the area. The owner of the bodega along there shot some crackhead who wandered in there one day causing trouble (shot him dead), plus there's questionable activity which happens in the area at night. Couple all this with the trailer parks along there, and one can get an idea of how bad that stretch of Percival is, plus that little area of Forest Acres.

Good luck.

Old 05-16-2011, 07:48 PM

5 posts, read 25,169 times
Thank you so much! I got the picture and any other suggestions or areas that would be nice for me & my teenage daughters?

Old 05-20-2011, 05:32 AM

10 posts, read 17,654 times
If you want a nicer area that has apartments, I'd look closer in to Forest Acres. There are apartments near both AC Flora High and Dreher High that are much safer than percival. Ravenwood Hills Apartments are safe so far as I know. I grew up near the area, and I have delivered pizzas to the apartments and never felt threatened (I'm a girl, btw). You can get a 3 bedroom for $655

Ravenwood Hills Apartment Homes in Columbia, SC | Ginkgo Residential (http://www.ginkgoapartments.com/apartment/ravenwood-hills-apartment-homes-columbia-sc-7k050t792159 - broken link)

People seem fine with them, based on the yahoo/apartmentratings.com rating.

Old 05-20-2011, 05:33 AM

10 posts, read 17,654 times
Ravenwood Apartment Ratings, Reviews, Map, Rents, and other Columbia apartments for rent from ApartmentRatings.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area