Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area
 [Register]
Columbia area Columbia - Lexington - Irmo
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2017, 07:02 AM

229 posts, read 392,982 times

Advertisements

In other exciting news...The new building by Chick-fil-A had a sign up for a nail salon coming soon.

Also not sure if this was posted
Letters: Killian
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2017, 10:49 AM

1,555 posts, read 1,822,735 times
Hampton Inn, other businesses to join Killian's Crossing | The State

Killin will finally be getting a hotel along with a couple of other stores.

Old 08-28-2017, 03:34 PM

377 posts, read 705,492 times
Whatever Diablo's is, it's opening up soon in the newish outbuilding near Muv Fitness. It seems to be a fast casual Tex-Mex thing, but I haven't been able to find out where it ranks as compared to Chipotle, Moe's, and the rest in that segment.

There's been a groundbreaking across from McDonald's, I'm assuming this is where the Hampton Inn is going. On the master site plan, that space was slated to be a hotel. Posh Nail Spa is going up behind Chick-fil-A, and I haven't seen any signage yet for Firehouse Subs, Salsaritas, Tropical Smoothie Cafe, Supercuts, or Pacific Dental.

Old 08-28-2017, 04:43 PM

1,555 posts, read 1,822,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nin_man View Post
Whatever Diablo's is, it's opening up soon in the newish outbuilding near Muv Fitness. It seems to be a fast casual Tex-Mex thing, but I haven't been able to find out where it ranks as compared to Chipotle, Moe's, and the rest in that segment.

There's been a groundbreaking across from McDonald's, I'm assuming this is where the Hampton Inn is going. On the master site plan, that space was slated to be a hotel. Posh Nail Spa is going up behind Chick-fil-A, and I haven't seen any signage yet for Firehouse Subs, Salsaritas, Tropical Smoothie Cafe, Supercuts, or Pacific Dental.
I think the places you named at the end of your post are going in the strip section next to Kroger.

Old 09-05-2017, 02:24 PM

8,130 posts, read 13,177,257 times
Interesting article..

It appears that Columbia Commons is not the only area development where residents are "disappointed" with the retail offerings. Truth be told... its not the developers fault (though CC they may have oversold it) At the end of the day its market conditions.. despite everyone's honest intentions....

Killian's Crossing shopping center seeks upscale shops | The State

Old 09-05-2017, 04:21 PM

377 posts, read 705,492 times
I've just come to accept that Columbia is not, and as a whole doesn't care to be, an upscale kind of market.

And it's going to be hard for Killian's Crossing to attract anything upscale with a Walmart around the corner and seven car lots within sight of (if not directly across the street from) the property, not to mention a couple of old and VERY unkempt houses right at its front door.

Old 09-06-2017, 10:56 AM

1,133 posts, read 931,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nin_man View Post
I've just come to accept that Columbia is not, and as a whole doesn't care to be, an upscale kind of market.

And it's going to be hard for Killian's Crossing to attract anything upscale with a Walmart around the corner and seven car lots within sight of (if not directly across the street from) the property, not to mention a couple of old and VERY unkempt houses right at its front door.
Not true. I've been in Charlotte where they have Walmarts next to upscale shops.

Old 09-25-2017, 09:26 AM

229 posts, read 392,982 times
Tokoyo grill opened up next to proposed salsaritas.

Old 10-30-2017, 08:48 AM

511 posts, read 423,991 times
I know it isn't Killian Crossing, but it is close. Across from the Lowe's on Clemson, there is a restaurant opening. 'Freesia Buffet'. What the heck is that supposed to be? The only web references are a squatted websites with random ads and business listings with little info.

Agent is listed as 'Jennifer Wu Wong'.

Anyone hear of it?

Old 10-30-2017, 11:14 AM

8,130 posts, read 13,177,257 times
Default Whats Going on in Brookhaven

I know several families that are heading for the exit from that subdivision though they are resettling in the NE. Most of what I have heard as the reasons for their departure revolve around crime, increase in vacants and rental houses, and property maintenance conditions....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area