Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area
 [Register]
Columbia area Columbia - Lexington - Irmo
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2011, 08:25 AM

15 posts, read 18,630 times

Advertisements

I have been searching for days now looking for a place to stay. I was only checking out apartments since it will be just my husband for 9 months but I have found some pretty reasonable homes for rent as well. I just don't know if its one of those too good to be true type of things. Can anyone suggest or point me in the right direction. What's a good reliable company that I could go thru or the name of an agent that can help us out.

We would like at least a 2 bedroom for now for around $700. We will be upgrading to something bigger after a year but this will at least give the kids a room to sleep in when we come visit. Schools aren't as important right now because we'll be looking for more space next year. The reason we want to wait on renting a bigger house is because we're trying to keep the cost down since we will be maintaining two separate households for a while.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2011, 08:25 AM

415 posts, read 2,334,295 times
I have a good friend that owns a property management company, Call Billy Cantey at 803-256-7150 his website is Cantey & Company, Inc.
He manages over 600 homes in the Columbia / Lexington area.

Old 08-09-2011, 05:56 PM

15 posts, read 18,630 times
Thank you so much!!!

Old 08-15-2011, 08:41 PM

25 posts, read 42,436 times
Default Further suggestions

I just went through this myself; The Shandon Group also has some excellent properties. Craigslist has a ton of stuff. See also columbiarent.com, Patton Properties, Landmark Resources.

Old 08-16-2011, 09:31 AM

3,961 posts, read 11,022,761 times
i'd suggest a rental mgmt company over craigslist. When we relocated in 09 and were looking for homes to rent, there were many listed that looked too good to be true. And after an initial email when they came back looking for secure info among other data, we looked elsewhere.
As noted there are some good rental companies to work with down here, and they can cover both apts as well as single family homes.
We found a home to rent that first year before we built, actually it was one of many that was for sale and sitting too long, where their realtor and owner decided to take a year's rent rather then have it sit even longer empty ( just a thought... )

Old 08-19-2011, 09:19 PM
lhp

13 posts, read 21,085 times
What is the best apartment complex in south Columbia ...price is not an issue?

Single young professional....

Old 08-22-2011, 02:33 PM

11 posts, read 21,563 times
what area (s) are you considering? what is important to you since schools are not an issue right now? if you are looking for a house i'd suggest getting out and riding around the areas you are considering because there is a LOT out there for rent right now. If you rent through an agency you will usually pay more because of their fees. I know in our neighborhood you used to never see rentals now I see 1-2 on every other street. Some are sitting empty for awhile so again a home owner will likely be more open to negotiating price than an agency.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area