U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area
 [Register]
Columbia area Columbia - Lexington - Irmo
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2011, 05:08 AM

5 posts, read 11,137 times
Default Motel 6 on St. Andrews DANGEROUS, Columbia SC

Motel 6 on St Andrews BEWARE DON'T GO THERE me and my family was robbed and we had no idea we were in such a danger zone.....
Not only is it unsanitary, it's dangerous. Me & my children stayed at this hotel and was robbed of everything. Our sentiments and over 25,000+ in belongings. They took the uhaul with my truck on the back of it and recovered it an hour later EMPTY. Relocating from NJ to the south. They had no cameras besides one at the register and it was outdated and dark. So NO only because it's not safe and I am blessed to have taken the loss as opposed to getting hurt. No No absolutely not and of course they would say that they have no suspects and Motel 6 couldn't replace my things if they wanted to it's a major loss and me and my sister were relocating with our kids.

COPS HAVE NO SUSPECT AND NO VIDEO AND WAS NEVER REPORTED TO LOCAL PAPER...

We are trying to put our lives back on track now..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2011, 07:15 PM

7,993 posts, read 6,772,237 times
Sorry to hear that. I hope the cops are doing SOMETHING!

That is an older area of the city, so probably not the safest.

Are you continuing with your move?

Old 11-07-2011, 09:56 AM

5 posts, read 11,137 times
Default I am here already

The cops closed the case less than two months. I believe they are doing nothing cause the truck was in so many hands that I wouldn't be surprised if they had there share and it's funny no finger prints were obtained and CSI was on the scene. I was also told by the detective that the DNA can take up to 2 years before they get the results.

Old 11-08-2011, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lburnett8493 View Post
The cops closed the case less than two months. I believe they are doing nothing cause the truck was in so many hands that I wouldn't be surprised if they had there share and it's funny no finger prints were obtained and CSI was on the scene. I was also told by the detective that the DNA can take up to 2 years before they get the results.
So were you able to recover anything?

Old 11-13-2011, 05:15 AM

21 posts, read 23,149 times
I generally try to stay away from that area. I find nearby areas of Greystone/Harbison/Irmo/Lexington to be a lot safer. Thats horrible about what happened. Im actually shocked nothing was able to be done about it really. Depending on how late a report was made after the incident happened, the police generally do patrol that area more so than other parts of the city and it seems to have happened late at night. No Uhaul was spotted late at night unloading 25k worth of items?

Old 11-13-2011, 02:57 PM

4,912 posts, read 8,235,883 times
It is terrible that this happened, but it is puzzling as to why someone would park a U-haul full of $25,000 worth of merchandise at what is known as a cheap motel chain. Poor judgment doesn't mean a robbery was deserved, but I would have stayed at a nice hotel with security in a case like that.

Old 11-16-2011, 08:39 AM

Location: Olde English District, SC (look it up on Wikipedia)
192 posts, read 149,391 times
The Broad River and Bush River Road, especially near where I-20 and I-26 meet is an area that was the place to be about 30+ years ago, but it has gone steadily downhill over about the past 10 years. Crime has increased and they have had problems with prostitutes walking along busy streets waving down customers in broad daylight. Several of the motels around the area where the interstates meet have had shootings and drug busts in addition to prostitution problems. I used to live in the area and it was a huge relief when I was able to move away. I had hoped the new shopping center on Bush River Road would help revitalize the area, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Old 11-16-2011, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Wave Carpetbagger View Post
Crime has increased and they have had problems with prostitutes walking along busy streets waving down customers in broad daylight.
Wow. Hope the police have beefed up patrol of this area.

Old 11-26-2011, 05:30 PM

12,673 posts, read 18,861,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waccamatt View Post
It is terrible that this happened, but it is puzzling as to why someone would park a U-haul full of $25,000 worth of merchandise at what is known as a cheap motel chain. Poor judgment doesn't mean a robbery was deserved, but I would have stayed at a nice hotel with security in a case like that.
I agree it's a terrible thing that happened.

Just thinking that whenever I've stayed at a Motel 6, I bring EVERYTHING into the hotel room. Of course I've never parked a U-Haul at one.

But, as a general rule, I never leave anything in the car, not even things in the trunk.

Old 11-26-2011, 08:16 PM

3,238 posts, read 1,829,035 times
With all due respect, what were you thinking. This type of stuff happens when you stay at a cheap motel in a shady part of town... that $20 you saved in hotel room was not worth it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area