U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area
 [Register]
Columbia area Columbia - Lexington - Irmo
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2011, 02:06 PM

88 posts, read 98,520 times

Advertisements

Is it true?? According to this website, it is!

At 1109 Harden Street.

http://eatcookout.com/locations

I cannot wait!!!

Last edited by mjpayne44; 11-29-2011 at 02:23 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2011, 02:53 PM

1,235 posts, read 1,283,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjpayne44 View Post

At 1109 Harden Street.

Cook-Out® Restaurant, Menu, Locations, Nutritional Info, Cooked Outdoors Style » Blog Archive » Locations

I cannot wait!!!
What is the draw for Cookout? I still can't understand people getting excited for it. Is it the fact that you can get a corndog as your side?

Old 11-29-2011, 02:56 PM

88 posts, read 98,520 times
The multitude of options for a combo that's fairly cheap (entree, two sides, drink) and pretty tasty (especially the BBQ sandwich). But most of all, it's the plethora of milkshake options, which you can also get in place of a drink for a minimal fee increase.

Old 11-29-2011, 03:45 PM

1,235 posts, read 1,283,198 times
Quote:
The multitude of options for a combo that's fairly cheap (entree, two sides, drink) and pretty tasty (especially the BBQ sandwich). But most of all, it's the plethora of milkshake options, which you can also get in place of a drink for a minimal fee increase.
I agree that the milkshakes are pretty tasty. However, my experience with the food was that they attempt to offer so much that none of it was really good.

Old 11-29-2011, 04:02 PM

6,448 posts, read 8,975,220 times
I'm ambivalent about Cookout, but there definitely one under construction on the edge of Five Points, Harden and Gervais.

Old 11-29-2011, 04:12 PM

7,995 posts, read 7,057,148 times
Quote:

At 1109 Harden Street.

Cook-Out® Restaurant, Menu, Locations, Nutritional Info, Cooked Outdoors Style » Blog Archive » Locations

I cannot wait!!!
I want to like Cookout, as they are a Carolina (North) based company. I've tried them numerous times and they just leave me helmethelmed. Several are opening all across South Carolina. Hope they step up their game, or they will fail in some of the more competitive South Carolina markets. Maybe the one at Five Points will do good with the college kids / cheap food angle.

Old 11-29-2011, 05:56 PM

7,995 posts, read 7,057,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
I want to like Cookout, as they are a Carolina (North) based company. I've tried them numerous times and they just leave me helmethelmed. Several are opening all across South Carolina. Hope they step up their game, or they will fail in some of the more competitive South Carolina markets. Maybe the one at Five Points will do good with the college kids / cheap food angle.
That should be underwhelmed......good old spellcheck.

Old 11-29-2011, 08:39 PM

2,926 posts, read 1,765,374 times
Cookout is ok, Pawleys Front Porch is much better.

Old 11-30-2011, 08:32 AM

7,345 posts, read 5,927,003 times
It's about options. Nothing wrong with Five Guys, Rush's, Zesto, etc. The Five Points Cookout is looking good with an entrance on Harden and urban design.

Old 11-30-2011, 08:48 AM

4,897 posts, read 5,591,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gvillesc View Post
What is the draw for Cookout? I still can't understand people getting excited for it. Is it the fact that you can get a corndog as your side?
Good cheap fast food with a late night walk-up window (many Charlotte area locations are open until 4am for the late night club crowd). Cookouts are also popular for the 3rd shift truckers (the guys/gals that can't pull into a drive-thru-only late night restaurant). I think you might be shocked at how popular this place is (especially with the under 21 crowd).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area