Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area
 [Register]
Columbia area Columbia - Lexington - Irmo
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2011, 12:30 PM

3 posts, read 11,783 times

Advertisements

Hello all. For people who may be interested, a few groups- Columbia Veg and SETA on the USC campus - interested in animal welfare are joining to protest the Ringling Bros. circus in Columbia. If anyone knows of a group that would be interested in participating, please post.

We will be handing out educational dvds and flyers and will have non-scary coloring books and stickers for the kids, along with a life size elephant.

The circus is no fun for animals. Visit circuses (dot) com to find out why. Please email columbiacircusprotest (at) gmail for more information or if you would like to help.

Old 02-05-2011, 04:10 PM

4,899 posts, read 7,447,740 times
Progressives just want to take the fun out of everything. The fact that you had to make all three posts should tell you something.

Old 02-05-2011, 05:15 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,791,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LynchburgLover View Post
Progressives just want to take the fun out of everything. The fact that you had to make all three posts should tell you something.
Yes, electric prodding and whipping elephants while keeping them in small cages on trains so they can do tricks for stupid kids is real fun. I wish the USDA would ban Ringling and all of the other circuses that use animals. I recommend people go to Cirque du Soleil instead which is an enjoyable circus that doesn't abuse or even use animals at all in their show.

Old 02-05-2011, 05:57 PM

Don't you think ASPCA and PETA would have been able to shut it down if it were that serious?

If you don't like it, don't go. If enough people agree with you, they'll go out of business. But, apparently, most people don't agree since they are still thriving.

I just get tired of liberals trying to tell everyone how to live their lives.

Old 02-05-2011, 06:20 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,791,036 times
Quote:
Don't you think ASPCA and PETA would have been able to shut it down if it were that serious?

If you don't like it, don't go. If enough people agree with you, they'll go out of business. But, apparently, most people don't agree since they are still thriving.

What does being liberal have to do with whether I believe animals should be abused or not? If I was conservative, I would still think abusing animals and having them perform in the circus is wrong. Why anybody no matter what political party they're in supports animal abuse is beyond me.

Last edited by g-man430; 02-05-2011 at 07:28 PM..

Old 02-05-2011, 07:42 PM

6,830 posts, read 16,565,096 times
Quote:

Then why is it that conservatives are the ones who try to tell me who I can marry?

Old 02-05-2011, 10:18 PM

40 posts, read 92,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosemarykt View Post
Our anti-circus demos were amazing! We got a huge turnout with everyone from small children to retired folks standing up for the animals. We handed out a lot of information and hopefully, some of the attendees will think twice, and do some research about the lives of performing animals next time the circus comes to town.
That is great news! It's all about awareness! Thanks Rosemary for your hard work on behalf these animals who sure deserve better than this.

Old 02-06-2011, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waccamatt View Post
Then why is it that conservatives are the ones who try to tell me who I can marry?
I agree! Everyone should just make their own decisions and quit trying to tell everyone else how to live!

Old 02-06-2011, 06:47 AM

343 posts, read 1,046,096 times
Quote:
I can imagine that there are a plethora of loopholes and flat-out exemptions in the law dealing with how animals are treated by circuses and other organizations. Kind of reminds me of how there are little to no laws dealing with animal cruelty if the animal is classified as "livestock."

Quote:
Ah yes, it's so easy to revert to this. "Them (insert annoying political group or affiliation here) are always tryin' to ruin mah life an' make mah life miserable."

Conservative/Liberalism has nothing to do with this conversation. People of all stripes care about the treatment of animals, regardless of their political affiliation.

Old 01-08-2012, 06:31 PM

4,280 posts, read 12,669,028 times
Are you telling me there will be no parade of circus elephants holding the tail of the elephant in front of them in their trunks?

As a youngster I thought this was cute. Another vision of my youth destroyed but the times they do change. Perhaps we might share a Basashi appetizer followed by braised Gaegogi to discuss the changing times.

You pick the time. I will pick the place......LOL

Last edited by accufitgolf; 01-08-2012 at 06:44 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area
View detailed profiles of: