U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area
 [Register]
Columbia area Columbia - Lexington - Irmo
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2012, 04:46 PM

6,530 posts, read 13,709,874 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcliffe View Post
One county and you will have to grab a different hat. Lol. GSA
To which county are you referring?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2012, 06:55 PM

27,775 posts, read 24,814,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSP101 View Post
I am still not sure this thread was not started by who you are talking about. Surprisingly, he was bashing Greenville on UP.
I don't think he's the originator of this thread, but he obviously popped up under an alias to bash the city. He's done that a couple of times since his ouster. I'm glad the moderators here have been on top of it and have deleted his posts soon after they appeared.

Old 01-11-2013, 04:58 PM

6 posts, read 18,113 times
Default I've lived in both cities

your trying to compare apples to oranges. While knoxville is a beautiful town, it's seriously congested with traffic and women are treated like under studies, they should stay home, have babies and cook for their man. Oh trust me it's that bad. Your daughter better be very professional.

Columbia, also a college town is more progressive. it's not as pretty but far more open towards women.
I came from the midwest, so i know what women can gain or lose.
My ex was a therapist, she got lower pay, treated less of a person, while people are polite in knoxville, behind your back they're thinking go home and have babies.
Safety, some areas hide stats, here in milwaukee, wi. you can not get raped, you only get sexually assulted, why hide the crime stats.
knoxville has less crime but what i saw and call crime isn't at all a crime down there, ignorance is bliss.

if your daughter is socially functional, she shouldn't have any problems, while Columbia maybe uglier, i used to walk the streets every day, down by the capital etc. i also walked the streets in knoxville.
I loved the "pretty" look of knoxville when i took my first visit there way back for the worlds fair.
it's different when you look at someplace rather than actually live there.
with all this said, if i was a 27 year old female, i'd take columbia any day, especially if she wants to get ahead in life and be treated like a equal, rather than a baby machine.

No offense to either city, knoxville was built long ago and needs to modernize, the past is that.
civil war is dead, time to come to the current century.
I do hope my "view" helps you see the real side.

Old 02-16-2013, 09:58 PM

2 posts, read 1,208 times
Well i must reply i live about 45 min from knox in which it is a better city than were i live knox would not be on my list for no young women to live in..the story of the runer for instint i guess noones heard of the young couple that was pulld out of a car and murdered for no reason..crimr is everywere.but comeing from someone who has lived in tn my whole life and in a week will be moving to grnville sc n a week would not erge anyone to move to tn peRiod!we have the highest taxes rudest people awful weather ect... If u like sun dont look here!unless u have lots of money or are going to collage forget it look it up this a retirement sorry to b so honest just saying ive been here for 25 years and hate it cant waiy to get out...o and not to mention 70% of people are on drugs even the big shots cuz theres nothin to do unless ur wealthly srry

Old 02-16-2013, 10:00 PM

2 posts, read 1,208 times
Retirement state oops
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or