Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area
 [Register]
Columbia area Columbia - Lexington - Irmo
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2012, 06:54 PM

12,882 posts, read 18,736,837 times

Advertisements

There are some incredibly bored people out there who should find something productive to do.

If a person posts only positive things about his city, give him a break; that is, if he doesn't post negative things about other cities except for in tit for tat response to negative postings about his city from people who post only negative things about his city and never anything negative about their own.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2012, 08:17 PM

843 posts, read 2,746,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godshonesttruth View Post
Columbiadata rarely post anything close to the truth. Also watch watch out for forumers that use mulitple names to try to pump up Columbia like one guy that goes by the names PalmettoGuy and Akhenaton06 and Mutiny77. All the same person.
Hah, I thought I was the only one that recognized Columbiadata as the resident troll for this subforum. I have noticed most regulars ignoring him lately, which I've joined in doing, but that hasn't quelled his thirst for attention. I'm quite certain that he has a few extra accounts here, himself (they only show up when his Columbiadata posts go unanswered).

Old 01-06-2012, 08:26 PM

3,200 posts, read 4,609,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lagoon7 View Post
If that's true there are some incredibly bored people put there who should find something productive to do. That goes for the negative and overtly positive posters. I've noticed it can go both ways, I just figured people like to argue like on every other Internet site known to man.
Yea....there are a lot of folks out there with multiple names who like to start something on these boards. No way to know who all are the same people on these boards which is why asking where to live on these boards is pointless. Most on here have absolutely no idea what the real metrics are and ignore them when presented. Case in point......there are facts showing crime statistics between Knox and Columbia yet, a new poster writes about a crime filled city, interesting. Kind of make you wonder who that guy is.

Old 01-06-2012, 08:31 PM

Quote:
FLmom. You should be aware there are a couple of bogus posters here that are refered to as "sunshine pumpers". They lie about Columbia and try to paint a sunny picture of a city riddled with crime, homeless and gang problems. As you can see from factual post above, Columbia has far worse crime than Knoxville. Watch out for these sunshine pumpers and take their post with a grain of salt. Columbiadata rarely post anything close to the truth. Also watch watch out for forumers that use mulitple names to try to pump up Columbia like one guy that goes by the names PalmettoGuy and Akhenaton06 and Mutiny77. All the same person.
Hey Godshonest/GS.........what are the facts?

FLmom.....another thing to be careful of when reading these boards, there are many who troll on here from Greenville and make a living of bashing Columbia. Some, not all, in the Greenville crowd are short on facts, it doesn't take long to identify those folks.

Old 01-06-2012, 08:34 PM

5,485 posts, read 8,315,620 times
What does the metrics say on crime for the 2 cities?

Old 01-06-2012, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcliffe View Post
What does the metrics say on crime for the 2 cities?
See post # 14......appears that Columbia does not have as much crime as Knox......Knox had 29 murders in a year to Columbias 13. You have a 1 in 92 chance of being a victim in Knox v. 1 in 113 for Columbia.

Old 01-06-2012, 08:42 PM

5,485 posts, read 8,315,620 times
I just looked it up. The overall score on cd has them about even. So I don't see the big deal.

Old 01-06-2012, 10:07 PM

1,289 posts, read 2,576,256 times
As far as crime... does your daughter plan on living in town? If so, then use the City results, but if not, then look at the counties', not the cities'. Someone mentioned the NE of Columbia being safe, but unless you plan on living in the suburbs, it's really irrelevant information. I'd personally rather be downtown or near by.

Old 01-07-2012, 04:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceezer View Post
Hah, I thought I was the only one that recognized Columbiadata as the resident troll for this subforum. I have noticed most regulars ignoring him lately, which I've joined in doing, but that hasn't quelled his thirst for attention. I'm quite certain that he has a few extra accounts here, himself (they only show up when his Columbiadata posts go unanswered).
This is a personal attack that is false. What I post is either true or opinion. I just don't post negative things. If someone wants to ignore me that's their right. I post only as Columbiadata and I take your comments as defamation.

Old 01-07-2012, 04:47 AM

Quote:
FLmom. You should be aware there are a couple of bogus posters here that are refered to as "sunshine pumpers". They lie about Columbia and try to paint a sunny picture of a city riddled with crime, homeless and gang problems. As you can see from factual post above, Columbia has far worse crime than Knoxville. Watch out for these sunshine pumpers and take their post with a grain of salt. Columbiadata rarely post anything close to the truth. Also watch watch out for forumers that use mulitple names to try to pump up Columbia like one guy that goes by the names PalmettoGuy and Akhenaton06 and Mutiny77. All the same person.
You are a junior member who has seemingly just popped up. I don't appreciate your attempt to defame my city-data character. I post only as Columbiadata. I have never seen so many junior members posting bad things about Columbia as I have lately. None of them stick around very long. What's up with that? If something I post isn't the truth, it is either only my opinion and can't be exactly measured as either true or false, or it is a mistake and I apologize or post a statement as quickly as possible saying that I stand corrected. I have NEVER posted anything on this forum under any other name.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area