Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area
 [Register]
Columbia area Columbia - Lexington - Irmo
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2012, 08:51 AM

23 posts, read 61,719 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by waccamatt View Post
I try and eat healthy so there are really no options at Cookout. I have heard their shakes are good.
Yes, they're very good.

Wife brought home a pineapple milkshake that absolutely blew Which Wich's milkshakes out of the water. Then again, that's not saying much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2012, 09:44 AM

90 posts, read 192,205 times
Damn, it'd be nice to get one somewhere on the west side of the metro. Guess I'll just keep going to the Harden St. location for the time being.

Old 02-14-2012, 02:37 PM

37,789 posts, read 41,454,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gvillesc View Post
To me, that's the most unappealing aspect of Cookout. "I'd like a burger with a side of corndog and taco, please."
You can get the typical sides, like fries; those are just additional options. And the other sides aren't quite as large as they would be as entrees.

Old 02-15-2012, 07:54 AM

1,065 posts, read 2,250,243 times
All this talk got me to try Cookout yesterday. I rarely eat fast food but I have to admit their burger was tasty. And when have you ever had a corn dog as a side?

Next time I'm gonna try a shake.

Old 02-17-2012, 10:39 AM

5,120 posts, read 7,242,601 times
Cookout recently opened a location here in Greenville as well and has proven to be popular so far. While most of their locations are still in NC, they do now appear to be expanding into SC. Although whenever I pass through Columbia, I always make a point to stop at Rush's. And as for shakes, I like Jack in the Box. Very tasty.

Old 02-17-2012, 11:17 AM

12,741 posts, read 18,531,369 times
We went to 77 Burger Tavern for lunch yesterday, but there were no more parking spaces available so we decided to try it another day.

Old 02-17-2012, 12:05 PM

144 posts, read 294,123 times
Not a big fan of them as an organization and some of their business practices but there is no denying they have a model that works.

They look at Greenville/Upstate area as about a 8-10 store market and the Columbia area as about a 7-8 store market. Once those are filled out they will push out to other markets. Not sure where Charleston is on their radar.

Old 02-17-2012, 12:16 PM

7,330 posts, read 15,313,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttown View Post
Not a big fan of them as an organization and some of their business practices but there is no denying they have a model that works.

They look at Greenville/Upstate area as about a 8-10 store market and the Columbia area as about a 7-8 store market. Once those are filled out they will push out to other markets. Not sure where Charleston is on their radar.
And that's Cookout you're referring to, right?

Old 02-17-2012, 04:25 PM

37,789 posts, read 41,454,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttown View Post

I know they also have a location in Orangeburg. Not sure where else in the state though.

Old 02-17-2012, 04:50 PM

7,330 posts, read 15,313,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
I know they also have a location in Orangeburg. Not sure where else in the state though.
I know that one opened recently in Sumter.

In addition to other idiosyncrasies, Cookout has no website. This website (Cook-Out® Restaurant, Menu, Locations, Nutritional Info, Cooked Outdoors Style » Blog Archive » Locations) is one of several unaffiliated sites that attempt to fill that void, and according to it, there are locations in the upstate (Anderson, Clemson, Spartanburg, Gaffney, and Greenville), Hartsville, the one you mentioned in Orangeburg, and one in Rock Hill that is listed without an address (so it may be under construction or something).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area