Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area
 [Register]
Columbia area Columbia - Lexington - Irmo
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-06-2007, 07:56 PM

1 posts, read 2,583 times

Advertisements

Hello all!! great site. and ya'all are great people and give awesome info!!
well, my husband and i are going to be relocating to lexington, sc next year with our 2 young children. but, i have herd that columbia, sc currently has a breed specific law in place and this kind of scares me because we currently have to american pit bull terriers that we rescued! and i was just wondering if anyone knows anything about this?? if anyone could please help me it would be appreciated!! thank you very much!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2007, 09:22 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,867,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SChereicome View Post
Hello all!! great site. and ya'all are great people and give awesome info!!
well, my husband and i are going to be relocating to lexington, sc next year with our 2 young children. but, i have herd that columbia, sc currently has a breed specific law in place and this kind of scares me because we currently have to american pit bull terriers that we rescued! and i was just wondering if anyone knows anything about this?? if anyone could please help me it would be appreciated!! thank you very much!
I can't answer this, because I live in FL but am relocating to SC (either Columbia or Greenville) I really wasn't aware of this law in SC. I just want to say that it's too bad the cities that pass such laws don't drive out the idiots who breed vicious dogs. Pit bulls are very sweet pets and it's a shame that so many people are afraid of them. It never used to be like that. Remember Petey from Our Gang?

I hope someone can answer this question for you and God bless everyone who adopts a dog or cat that needs a loving family.

Old 09-06-2007, 11:32 PM

6,830 posts, read 16,510,402 times
I have never heard of such a law; there certainly are people that own pit bulls in the area.

Old 09-10-2007, 01:31 PM

10,929 posts, read 21,895,815 times
I've lived here in SC all my life and I've never heard of such a law.

Old 09-10-2007, 01:51 PM

331 posts, read 1,124,954 times
I just checked the Richland county and Columbia city animal ordinances and found no breed specific prohibitions however animal control officers may take an animal's breed into consideration when deciding whether the animal is dangerous and should be impounded.

As an owner of an agressive breed dog the best thing that you can do to avoid trouble is to keep your dog on a chain at all times even if it is in your fenced yard. Dogs jump fences all the time.

Old 09-10-2007, 03:21 PM

39 posts, read 179,022 times
Smile Lexington

Moved from Irmo in March and would go back in a minute if I could. Know nothing about your dog question though. Lexington is a nice but growing very fast/traffic problem

Old 09-12-2007, 06:15 AM

287 posts, read 1,458,583 times
Traffic is only bad at rush hour, just avoid 378 at lunch and rush hour and it can be dealt with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area