U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area
 [Register]
Columbia area Columbia - Lexington - Irmo
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2007, 06:17 AM

1 posts, read 2,496 times

Advertisements

So here is the deal,My husband and I have 5 children,One of our boys is disabled,To make a long story short he destroys our house,We are now renting which doesnt work out real well with his problems.We desperately want to buy a home partly because of this issue and partly because with our family size it is extremely hard to find a house big enough for our family within our budget.Now in a perfect world we would have great credit and tons of money to just buy a home and be done with it,however,neither stands true.My husband makes decent money so we could afford a mortgage but we cant seem to find a way to purchase a home without a huge down payment.I have done countless online research and have come up with very few options,If anyone has any thoughts or advice on the subject please share.I am concerned we will be kicked out of another house because of the damage my child does.(Example) Breaking windows,holes in walls.other such things)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2007, 01:21 PM

4,764 posts, read 11,916,612 times
What kind of credit score are we talking? In the 600's? $0 down loans are availble at attractive rates. You need to go see a reputable lender to find out exactly what your options are (as opposed to online research).

You should also look into 1st time homebuyer bond programs in your area.

Old 09-13-2007, 01:52 PM

6,621 posts, read 14,109,853 times
If you want to buy a home in the city of Columbia you should speak to the city housing office. They have programs to assist people with buying a home that may not otherwise be able to. Call them at 803-545-3373.

Old 09-14-2007, 07:37 PM

9,044 posts, read 17,982,723 times
Your 2 best options are going to be state housing loan with up to 5,000 down payment assistance and below market interest rates (unless your husband makes too much money, you should be a lock with a special needs child) or a rural loan if you are in an area that qualifies. There really aren't any loans that don't take credit scores into account but both programs I mentioned are more lenient. Give me a call at 803.528.3336 and I'll get you in touch with a state housing lender. They can run over the programs available.-Brandon
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or