Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area
 [Register]
Columbia area Columbia - Lexington - Irmo
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2015, 09:42 AM

12,916 posts, read 18,761,054 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blktoptrvl View Post
So, this link is at least another 3/4 years away? Damn, I wish they'd get this done.
They were getting close, but SCE&G will that area to park their equipment for the massive undertaking of getting the tar (and hopefully Civil War artifacts) out of the river.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2015, 09:30 AM

8,793 posts, read 8,164,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbiadata View Post
They were getting close, but SCE&G will that area to park their equipment for the massive undertaking of getting the tar (and hopefully Civil War artifacts) out of the river.
I would hope that they are at least putting the funds earmarked for this project into a locked fund, so that when the time comes to make it happen they don't "suddenly realize" the funds have been spent and they can no longer accomplish this. But I wouldn't be surprised if they are not.

Old 07-14-2015, 11:42 AM

235 posts, read 405,633 times
I was wondering if anyone attended the presentation downtown by Mike Dawson this morning about the current status of the Three Rivers Greenway. Does anyone have any news to report?

Old 08-30-2016, 01:20 PM

37,882 posts, read 41,956,856 times
It would be pretty cool if Columbia could pull something like this off across the Congaree, alongside the Gervais Street bridge:
Pre-Construction on 11th Street Bridge Park Could Begin in September

Old 08-30-2016, 04:43 PM

6,830 posts, read 16,565,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
It would be pretty cool if Columbia could pull something like this off across the Congaree, alongside the Gervais Street bridge:
Actually, Temple Ligon designed something like that to be the Convention Center, about 25 or 30 years ago.

Old 08-30-2016, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waccamatt View Post
Actually, Temple Ligon designed something like that to be the Convention Center, about 25 or 30 years ago.
Him and his pie in the sky futuristic fantasies lol...but a bridge park would be awesome across the Congaree.

Old 08-30-2016, 07:46 PM

757 posts, read 567,653 times
Quote:
I'm pretty familiar with this project- they're using the piers from the old bridge to support the new park. Even with the mooring in place, it's a $50M project. It's definitely a cool idea though.

Old 08-30-2016, 09:27 PM

1,154 posts, read 956,742 times
Quote:
That would be so cool. something futuristic in Columbia like this would definately bring a lot of people down to the river.

Old 08-31-2016, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinagarnet View Post
I'm pretty familiar with this project- they're using the piers from the old bridge to support the new park. Even with the mooring in place, it's a $50M project. It's definitely a cool idea though.
Since I live in the DC area now, I hope to check it out once it's done. With so much on the city's plate now, nothing like this could happen anytime soon but it would be nice.

Old 08-31-2016, 09:12 AM

1,802 posts, read 2,032,122 times
Quote:
Since I live in the DC area now, I hope to check it out once it's done. With so much on the city's plate now, nothing like this could happen anytime soon but it would be nice.
I fully agree. Awesome idea, but the city needs to focus on current projects right now. Maybe in ten years or so when Bullstreet has its footing and the new developments downtown are adding to the tax rolls, we could look at a new signature project like this. I don't think the time is right because we need to stay focused on the irons already in the fire.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area