U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area
 [Register]
Columbia area Columbia - Lexington - Irmo
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 02-18-2016, 09:33 AM
 
29,947 posts, read 27,432,479 times
Reputation: 18534

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCxpBrussel View Post
I guarantee you mpretori already knows the funding scheme, dollar amount, location, and progress status of almost every project in the region. I've seen him post in great detail about most, if not all, of them. His sudden confusion and amnesia is not only contrived but a repeating pattern. It's perplexing and exhausting. I wish someone who is clearly intelligent and engaging would not choose to morph into a troll from time to time. Alas, it's who he is, though.
Absolutely...I completely agree.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-18-2016, 09:43 AM
 
Location: Columbia, South Carolina
1,710 posts, read 1,512,193 times
Reputation: 358
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
Absolutely...I completely agree.
What's funny is you know he has already read these posts and is laughing to himself saying, "Mission accomplished." I hate that I can't help but walk into his obvious trap, but it is frustrating when someone who has the potential to add so much chooses to to do the opposite.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-18-2016, 11:31 AM
 
Location: Houston, TX
3,679 posts, read 1,417,740 times
Reputation: 1495
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
There are no publicly funded projects in Columbia outside of USC developments. Projects that get tax breaks aren't "publicly funded."

Right now, there are lots of smaller scale projects happening in Columbia as opposed to a handful of very big ones. That's a good thing.
http://www.columbiasc.net/depts/city...on_update2.pdf

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCxpBrussel View Post
Kline has an eventual price tag of $100 million.

I have no idea why $80 million is some definitive threshold for you. I also don't understand your thought processes, multiple personalities, or why you're so invested in Columbia in general and this forum in particular. You obsess over local news sources and data, and then make blatantly false statements because you either forgot everything you posted or didn't bother to read an article to know what it actually said. Some of your posts are erudite and thoughtful, then the next one is riddled with grammatical errors and completely divorced from reality. It's almost as if different people have access to the same account. Whatever the reason, as much as I hoped you'd be a nice addition to this forum, you are not.
Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-18-2016, 11:56 AM
 
Location: Columbia, South Carolina
1,710 posts, read 1,512,193 times
Reputation: 358
As has been stated so, so many times before, yes, the infrastructure and stadium at Bullstreet are publicly funded. The rest of the development is not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-18-2016, 11:58 AM
 
Location: Houston, TX
3,679 posts, read 1,417,740 times
Reputation: 1495
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCxpBrussel View Post
As has been stated so, so many times before, yes, the infrastructure and stadium at Bullstreet are publicly funded. The rest of the development is not.
I was correcting Mutiny
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-18-2016, 11:59 AM
 
29,947 posts, read 27,432,479 times
Reputation: 18534
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpretori View Post
The infrastructure is publicly funded (which is common for several types of developments) as well as the ballpark (again, a common mechanism), not the entirety of the project. What's so hard to understand about that????

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpretori View Post
I was correcting Mutiny
You're still wrong because the entirety of the project is not publicly funded as you implied.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-18-2016, 12:01 PM
 
Location: Houston, TX
3,679 posts, read 1,417,740 times
Reputation: 1495
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
The infrastructure is publicly funded (which is common for several types of developments) as well as the ballpark (again, a common mechanism), not the entirety of the project. What's so hard to understand about that????
So why say
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
There are no publicly funded projects in Columbia outside of USC developments. .
then?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-18-2016, 12:25 PM
 
29,947 posts, read 27,432,479 times
Reputation: 18534
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpretori View Post
So why say then?
Maybe I should have because you seem to think that any project that's partially funded with tax dollars is entirely publicly funded. That's just silly since a lot of projects, of various types, get tax credits/incentives, publicly-funded infrastructure, etc. but the projects themselves represent private investment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-18-2016, 12:41 PM
 
Location: Houston, TX
3,679 posts, read 1,417,740 times
Reputation: 1495
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
Maybe I should have because you seem to think that any project that's partially funded with tax dollars is entirely publicly funded. That's just silly since a lot of projects, of various types, get tax credits/incentives, publicly-funded infrastructure, etc. but the projects themselves represent private investment.
I was talking about projects that are funded publicly, not tax breaks. When i was talking about tax breaks i was talking about USC(Innovista). Maybe you got confused.

Yes, there are some restaurants and apartments being built but nothing that would entirely bring in major job numbers to Columbia. I think Columbia is doing as good as it can right now. The competition from Greenville, Charleston, and other surrounding cities is tough. I like the mayor, because he is really trying to change Columbia. I hope the cities tax base increases more and the city can provide work class services to the locals Can't wait to see the river be developed more into a park and mixed use area Just saw the plan for it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-18-2016, 01:14 PM
 
29,947 posts, read 27,432,479 times
Reputation: 18534
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpretori View Post
I was talking about projects that are funded publicly, not tax breaks. When i was talking about tax breaks i was talking about USC(Innovista). Maybe you got confused.
I didn't get confused because outside of USC, there are no completely publicly funded projects in Columbia. Bull Street is part of a larger development of which the ballpark is just one part.

Quote:
Yes, there are some restaurants and apartments being built but nothing that would entirely bring in major job numbers to Columbia.
That's not the point of restaurant and residential developments though, so what's your point? You're just all over the place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top