Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area
 [Register]
Columbia area Columbia - Lexington - Irmo
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-19-2016, 08:34 PM

746 posts, read 748,711 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Growingup15 View Post
Those blue ugly signs bleh.

The city needs to rebrand those signs.

Like you see in Charlotte. They have big letter big signs with a special design on them that makes them pop and be easy to see.
LA does something similar, they are lighted signs, and they make an impact. I would like to see that as well!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2016, 08:35 PM

6,830 posts, read 16,565,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jandrew5 View Post
I didn't say anything about wider roads.
Oops, it was in something you quoted, not something you said.

Old 12-19-2016, 08:36 PM

1,154 posts, read 956,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordo06 View Post
LA does something similar, they are lighted signs, and they make an impact. I would like to see that as well!
That would be so cool

Old 12-19-2016, 09:05 PM

746 posts, read 748,711 times
Quote:
That would be so cool
yes it would!

Old 12-20-2016, 08:55 AM

37,882 posts, read 41,956,856 times
Quote:
Those blue ugly signs bleh.

The city needs to rebrand those signs.

Like you see in Charlotte. They have big letter big signs with a special design on them that makes them pop and be easy to see.
The blue and white signs are fine; NYC has blue and white street signs.

Columbia does not need to be a copycat of Charlotte.

Old 12-20-2016, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
The blue and white signs are fine; NYC has blue and white street signs.

Columbia does not need to be a copycat of Charlotte.
I'm yes talking about Charlotte, nc

But imagine this sign design but we have it color coded for each district and have a little palmetto tree in a crescent on the left corner.

I will draw my own version dangit and show you. You know we can take something from other cities that are greater then us and since Charlotte is the closes great city that obviously did something right i mean dang you doing like that Vista Guild lady. Just no context behind the we don't want to be like Charlotte comment.

There's something we should be copying and fixing it up to make it our own to bring more life into our city

Old 12-20-2016, 12:54 PM

37,882 posts, read 41,956,856 times
Quote:
I'm yes talking about Charlotte, nc

But imagine this sign design but we have it color coded for each district and have a little palmetto tree in a crescent on the left corner.

I will draw my own version dangit and show you. You know we can take something from other cities that are greater then us and since Charlotte is the closes great city that obviously did something right i mean dang you doing like that Vista Guild lady. Just no context behind the we don't want to be like Charlotte comment.

There's something we should be copying and fixing it up to make it our own to bring more life into our city
The issue here is that for everything you think is wrong with Columbia, you want Columbia to follow Charlotte. That makes Columbia, which actually has more defining aspects, look like a copycat; Columbia can make improvements by looking at what several cities have done, not just one.

Charlotte is great and I used to live there, but Columbia doesn't need to copy every single little thing Charlotte does.

Seriously though, you seem to like Charlotte a great deal so why not just move there? Life is too short to sit around waiting for a city to get everything 'right.'

Old 12-20-2016, 03:03 PM

12,915 posts, read 18,761,054 times
Tonight at 6:30 on NPR: a report about Charlotte ranking poorly for economic mobility due to segregation that still exists because of how it's laid out - since Charlotte is a frequent topic in this thread...

Old 12-20-2016, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlestondata View Post
Tonight at 6:30 on NPR: a report about Charlotte ranking poorly for economic mobility due to segregation that still exists because of how it's laid out - since Charlotte is a frequent topic in this thread...
I only bring up Charlotte a lot because i work up day 2 days a week. So i kinda see the city in every detail

Old 12-20-2016, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
The issue here is that for everything you think is wrong with Columbia, you want Columbia to follow Charlotte. That makes Columbia, which actually has more defining aspects, look like a copycat; Columbia can make improvements by looking at what several cities have done, not just one.

Charlotte is great and I used to live there, but Columbia doesn't need to copy every single little thing Charlotte does.

Seriously though, you seem to like Charlotte a great deal so why not just move there? Life is too short to sit around waiting for a city to get everything 'right.'
Did i say copy it in everyday. I swear again you sound like that lady. until i say let's copy everything then i mean let's copy it. There's nothing wrong from taking inspiration. And right now Columbia needs to take inspiration from a few places. And no i won't move there its too expensive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area