U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area
 [Register]
Columbia area Columbia - Lexington - Irmo
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-13-2014, 09:23 AM

6,636 posts, read 14,146,294 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouje2 View Post
Just heard next week may be the last week for Wine Down. Owners are moving to brevard nc. The owner from what I'm told (so again I don't have first hand knowledge) wants to put his own office there.
Brevard sounds like a place to retire. There will be other bars and restaurants to take their place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2014, 09:37 AM

9,617 posts, read 13,754,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouje2 View Post
Just heard next week may be the last week for Wine Down. Owners are moving to brevard nc. The owner from what I'm told (so again I don't have first hand knowledge) wants to put his own office there.
I got their announcement on Facebook. The owner moved to Brevard some time ago but has kept Wine Down going from afar, with dependable employees. I hope that in the big picture a retail developer's office being in the middle of that stretch will be a good thing. I personally believe Wine Down's owner's heart is in Brevard now and that keeping the Columbia bar has been taxing. I also believe that if she were determined to keep a Columbia presence she would make a deal on another location in the central business district. In the end it will prove to have been a little pot hole in the road that gets resurfaced and forgotten about.

Old 12-13-2014, 03:19 PM

665 posts, read 604,294 times
Our Main st has so much potential. It'll be interesting to see what it looks like in 10 years. Free times is right though there needs to be more bars or other late night entertainment options down more towards Tapps. Btw, I thought the white mule was supposed to be reopening. Does anyone have any updates on that ?

Old 12-14-2014, 06:08 AM

975 posts, read 1,000,276 times
$10 million dollar beautification of Greene street including "121 trees, county officials said, a mix of ginko, black tulip, shumard oak, bald cypress and fast-growing kwanzan cherry, covered in pink blossoms." Also benches, decorative lighting and picnic/plaza/patio area near the arena. This is phase 1. The bridge where greene dead ends to conect wo river according to state article may be a go for 2019.

Old 12-14-2014, 06:16 AM

1,536 posts, read 1,424,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofCola View Post
$10 million dollar beautification of Greene street including "121 trees, county officials said, a mix of ginko, black tulip, shumard oak, bald cypress and fast-growing kwanzan cherry, covered in pink blossoms." Also benches, decorative lighting and picnic/plaza/patio area near the arena. This is phase 1. The bridge where greene dead ends to conect wo river according to state article may be a go for 2019.
Whew, thank god I don't see any Crape Myrtle's out of what you listed

Old 12-14-2014, 08:30 AM

975 posts, read 1,000,276 times
When it's done Greene will replace Richland as the prettiest street in downtown Columbia.

Old 12-14-2014, 08:40 AM

9,617 posts, read 13,754,800 times
Richland Street? Main Street downtown is pretty and getting prettier with each growing season.

Old 12-14-2014, 09:08 AM

6,636 posts, read 14,146,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smithgn View Post
Whew, thank god I don't see any Crape Myrtle's out of what you listed
I was thankful about the lack of Bradford Pears.

Old 12-14-2014, 09:15 AM

13,791 posts, read 18,720,181 times
All of you are making this sound so beautiful and cannot wait to see it ...Im there in 4 months yah00 Im so excited to see it and live in it and live it and tell everyone I know about it ...I just hope my family will come and see me there . cant wait to take day trips to charlotte nc and Charleston sc ... I want to see the beach again !!!!

Old 12-14-2014, 10:10 AM

925 posts, read 1,286,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofCola View Post
Do you know which blocks are getting this treatment? Sounds impressive. Good they are focusing on making these street pedestrian friendly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or