U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area
 [Register]
Columbia area Columbia - Lexington - Irmo
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2013, 07:42 PM

9,632 posts, read 13,786,436 times

Advertisements

I saw something today I had no idea was happening. Between Moe Levy's and the condo building that used to be the Governor's House Hotel, there are three spaces adjacent to or even connected to Moe Levy's that are being renovated. I can tell they are going to look great, even though they are only one story. I don't know whether they are already spoken for, but the new look will be great for that block.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2013, 08:25 PM

29,905 posts, read 27,345,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbiadata View Post
I saw something today I had no idea was happening. Between Moe Levy's and the condo building that used to be the Governor's House Hotel, there are three spaces adjacent to or even connected to Moe Levy's that are being renovated. I can tell they are going to look great, even though they are only one story. I don't know whether they are already spoken for, but the new look will be great for that block.
Are you referring to these storefronts? https://maps.google.com/maps?q=Colum...12,1.65,,0,1.6

Man, they fit the definition of "non-descript," lol. Good to see them being rehabbed. It would be nice to see new uses found for the other two around the corner as well: https://maps.google.com/maps?q=Colum...,76.03,,0,-2.5

Old 08-28-2013, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
Are you referring to these storefronts? https://maps.google.com/maps?q=Colum...12,1.65,,0,1.6

Man, they fit the definition of "non-descript," lol. Good to see them being rehabbed. It would be nice to see new uses found for the other two around the corner as well: https://maps.google.com/maps?q=Colum...,76.03,,0,-2.5
Yes. I see from the street view photo that there actually are more than three store fronts there. I have always been glad they were there and had retail in them, but I can already tell they are going to look a lot better, even though right now they basically look gutted. They have started putting in some new frame work.

Old 08-29-2013, 05:34 AM

975 posts, read 1,002,229 times
Default I think there was something in the state about this awhile back

But can't find it. But ya this is pretty cool as it portends well for the other blocks adjacent to Main Street like the one with the new Sheraton conference center. Once that is complete it'll likely inspire some action on that block

Old 08-29-2013, 06:24 AM

258 posts, read 380,290 times
Quote:
Ben Arnold purchased Moe Levy's. He plans to build apartments and retail on the ground.

Old 08-29-2013, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midland803 View Post
Ben Arnold purchased Moe Levy's. He plans to build apartments and retail on the ground.
Do you have a link to more information? Is he going to keep the Moe Levy's building at one story? A multi-level would look great there. I can't believe I missed the plan and renderings that were surely presented to DDRC. I'll look back in the records.

Old 08-29-2013, 07:04 AM

258 posts, read 380,290 times
Quote:
Do you have a link to more information? Is he going to keep the Moe Levy's building at one story? A multi-level would look great there. I can't believe I missed the plan and renderings that were surely presented to DDRC. I'll look back in the records.
Doubt he's submitted plans to DDRC yet, heard a few days ago he recently purchased or was about to purchase the property.

Old 08-29-2013, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midland803 View Post
Doubt he's submitted plans to DDRC yet, heard a few days ago he recently purchased or was about to purchase the property.
He is already putting a remake on the strip along Lady Street. I checked the DDRC agendas for the last 18 months and that strip isn't on any of them. Interesting. Surely he'll go vertical with the actual Moe Levy's building on the corner of Lady and Assembly if he's doing apartments there.

Old 08-30-2013, 10:09 PM

City Hall will open an art gallery on the third floor that will have rotating exhibitions.

Columbia to open gallery at City Hall | Local News | The State

Old 08-31-2013, 08:30 AM

975 posts, read 1,002,229 times
Default Bella vista goes belly up

Story in the state, leaves large vacancy On main drag of Gervais. Since I'm a dude never shopped there so hopefully landlord can attract new retail. It's a large spce though so may have to be reconfigured to land new tenants
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or