U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area
 [Register]
Columbia area Columbia - Lexington - Irmo
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2013, 02:38 PM

3 posts, read 3,131 times

Advertisements

Moving back toColumbia area for a job downtown. We would like to live in the city. Weare currently thinking Shandon area. But concerned about activities for our girls(softball, soccer, gymnastics, swim lessons, ...). I know all of those areavailable in Irmo/Lexington but not interested in living that area. I grew upon Lexington side of the lake so we know what that's like and just not for us.Just concerned that choice is live near lake and activities for kids but havecommute to work and city stuff we love or live in the city and commute to ourkids activities. Neither is optimal. Any suggestions other than a move toLexington Co.

Last edited by SCexpat; 05-27-2013 at 02:38 PM.. Reason: remove fonts
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2013, 08:06 PM

6,635 posts, read 14,136,248 times
I'm sure there are programs in the city and county parks.

Home || City of Columbia Parks and Recreation Events

http://richlandcountyrecreation.com/wordpress/programs/

Old 05-28-2013, 06:46 AM
Status: "serving a suspended sentence for not being a right winger" (set 1 day ago)

7,331 posts, read 4,418,822 times
All kinds of stuff going on. Aside from the previously mentioned City of Cola, there's also Richland Co. Recreation Comm. Look up RCRC on the web and/or Facebook. Rec league basketball is starting up soon for my son.

Old 05-28-2013, 06:58 AM

258 posts, read 379,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCexpat View Post
Moving back toColumbia area for a job downtown. We would like to live in the city. Weare currently thinking Shandon area. But concerned about activities for our girls(softball, soccer, gymnastics, swim lessons, ...). I know all of those areavailable in Irmo/Lexington but not interested in living that area. I grew upon Lexington side of the lake so we know what that's like and just not for us.Just concerned that choice is live near lake and activities for kids but havecommute to work and city stuff we love or live in the city and commute to ourkids activities. Neither is optimal. Any suggestions other than a move toLexington Co.
Soccer- YMCA sponsored at Owens field. Wildy popular and a first class organization. South Carolina United FC

Swimming lessions- Youth YMCA of Columbia or Palmetto Aquatics :

Softball- 8U Softball or https://www.eteamz.com/trenholmbaseball/

Not sure about gymnastics

Old 05-28-2013, 10:35 PM

3 posts, read 3,131 times
Thanks for all of the information. I knew there had to be places in the city for these activities but I was having a hard time finding details online.

Old 05-28-2013, 11:21 PM

6,635 posts, read 14,136,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCexpat View Post
Thanks for all of the information. I knew there had to be places in the city for these activities but I was having a hard time finding details online.
The Free Times has a Summer Camps Guide. Also check out the events section and look on Facebook.

Columbia SC Hotels, Attractions, Festivals, Shopping, Kids Activities
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or