U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area
 [Register]
Columbia area Columbia - Lexington - Irmo
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 06-27-2013, 05:01 PM
 
780 posts, read 1,199,896 times
Reputation: 417

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemsonTiger45 View Post
i don't care about national respect.
Good. Because, frankly, clemson doesn't get much of it. And won't until you get rid of that cartoon character you guys call a coach.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-27-2013, 05:02 PM
 
780 posts, read 1,199,896 times
Reputation: 417
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemsonTiger45 View Post
...once he retires which I think will be this year...
Well, I'm sure you've been praying for this to happen for years now. One of these years you're bound to be right, I suppose.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-27-2013, 05:06 PM
 
425 posts, read 509,225 times
Reputation: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Star Rooster View Post
Well, I'm sure you've been praying for this to happen for years now. One of these years you're bound to be right, I suppose.
i don't care either way, the USC-Clemson game isn't something I worry about. we had a 11 or 12 win season last year with only losts coming on the road at FSU and then at home against SC, and we won our bowl game. why should we commit suicide b/c SC beat us by 10. It was bound to happen with a defense as soft as ours. congralations for moving the ball on saren wrap. LOL

given we've had beating SC 4 times in a row, 4 times since the 80's, in the big scheme of things a 4 game win streak by USC isn't that impressive. Just seems like that now but most people dono't really care what happened in years past, it only matters what happens this year. All Clemson has to do is win this year and nobody is going to be talking about SC dominates the rivalry now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-27-2013, 05:15 PM
 
780 posts, read 1,199,896 times
Reputation: 417
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemsonTiger45 View Post
All Clemson has to do is win this year and nobody is going to be talking about SC dominates the rivalry now.
But what if clemson loses again? 5 in a row is a chilling prospect, esp. since that hasn't happened on either side of the rivalry in a loooooong time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-27-2013, 05:17 PM
 
425 posts, read 509,225 times
Reputation: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Star Rooster View Post
But what if clemson loses again? 5 in a row is a chilling prospect, esp. since that hasn't happened on either side of the rivalry in a loooooong time.
Dude, we won 8 out of 9 years. 10 out of 12 prior to this run. LOL. 5 in a row might be a head start in just trying to make up for that debacle. it's rare to see a in state rivalry this lopsided.

think about it, you are a mighty SEC team and this little ACC school is owning you 10 out of 12 years. and it was just as bad back in the 80's.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-27-2013, 05:30 PM
 
780 posts, read 1,199,896 times
Reputation: 417
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemsonTiger45 View Post
Dude, we won 8 out of 9 years. 10 out of 12 prior to this run. LOL. 5 in a row might be a head start in just trying to make up for that debacle. it's rare to see a in state rivalry this lopsided.

think about it, you are a mighty SEC team and this little ACC school is owning you 10 out of 12 years. and it was just as bad back in the 80's.
See, that's the thing. You're not owning us 10 out of 12. Frank Howard had a losing record to South Carolina. We're owning you 4 in a row. Dude.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-27-2013, 05:34 PM
 
425 posts, read 509,225 times
Reputation: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Star Rooster View Post
See, that's the thing. You're not owning us 10 out of 12. Frank Howard had a losing record to South Carolina. We're owning you 4 in a row. Dude.
I saw you had a post about Botany Woods a couple of years ago. I am thinking about that n'hood. LOL u should move back and we cud go to the Dead Cockroach stadium together

do you know anybody who lives in Botany Woods, i'm trying to get a ffeel for the vibe of the n'hood.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-27-2013, 05:41 PM
 
780 posts, read 1,199,896 times
Reputation: 417
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemsonTiger45 View Post
I saw you had a post about Botany Woods a couple of years ago. I am thinking about that n'hood. LOL u should move back and we cud go to the Dead Cockroach stadium together

do you know anybody who lives in Botany Woods, i'm trying to get a ffeel for the vibe of the n'hood.
If I ever do move back to the Greenville area, Botany Woods would be at the top of my list. As far as I know, it's still a very nice neighborhood (haven't lived in Greenville in 10 years, but my parents live in the Upstate and I visit regularly). Good-sized houses and lots (most homes were built in the 50s-60s), community pool, very family-oriented place. I had a great aunt who lived there years ago.

I'll be back at the W-B in October, see you there!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-27-2013, 10:48 PM
 
Location: District of Columbia
737 posts, read 1,408,423 times
Reputation: 466
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Star Rooster View Post
Sorry, my fault for hijacking the thread. But really, this thread deserved to be hijacked. He just leaves those hanging curveballs right over the plate.
Speaking of high jacking dumb threads, have any of you guys been to San Francisco, Napa, or Tahoe? I went last week to say it was beautiful was an understatement! Wished San Fran had more of a tree Canopy though. The hills were insane. You'd climb a hill then look down and be thankful for breaks. We stayed in Union Square, Corte Madera, and South Lake Tahoe. It was pretty awesome! Ironically none of the places even had a downtown football stadium.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-28-2013, 12:45 AM
 
780 posts, read 1,199,896 times
Reputation: 417
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandlapper View Post
Speaking of high jacking dumb threads, have any of you guys been to San Francisco, Napa, or Tahoe? I went last week to say it was beautiful was an understatement! Wished San Fran had more of a tree Canopy though. The hills were insane. You'd climb a hill then look down and be thankful for breaks. We stayed in Union Square, Corte Madera, and South Lake Tahoe. It was pretty awesome! Ironically none of the places even had a downtown football stadium.
Sounds nice. Haven't been to SF in years, but my wife and I did vacation to Santa Barbara last week for a long weekend. Awesome scenery and gorgeous weather....72 and no humidity was a welcome break from the Houston summer. The downtown area of SB was great, with lots of great shops and restaurants, and guess what? No football stadium. Despite that, we plan to make a return visit as soon as we can.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top