U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area
 [Register]
Columbia area Columbia - Lexington - Irmo
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2013, 08:10 PM

425 posts, read 509,225 times

Advertisements

All I know is for most people , if they had to choose b/t watchin Clemson vs FSU, or SC vs LSU, they would choose CLemson vs FSU. SC and LSU is just a boring brand of football with stagnant offenses, their defense pretty mcuh got to win the game for them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2013, 08:11 PM

780 posts, read 1,199,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemsonTiger45 View Post
yeah but that is a silly way of looking at it, cuz we dominated the rivalry with SC prior to your magical 4 game run.
Semantics, I guess, but 60-40 really isn't domination in my mind.

Old 06-28-2013, 08:15 PM

Quote:
All I know is for most people , if they had to choose b/t watchin Clemson vs FSU, or SC vs LSU, they would choose CLemson vs FSU. SC and LSU is just a boring brand of football with stagnant offenses, their defense pretty mcuh got to win the game for them.
Track meets are fun to watch. But myself, I prefer a good pitching duel, so to speak. They're no less dramatic.

Old 06-28-2013, 08:36 PM

405 posts, read 720,762 times
How long are y'all going to play this BS with this troll? MY God,quite feeding him, he doesn't know jack.

Old 06-28-2013, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Star Rooster View Post
Semantics, I guess, but 60-40 really isn't domination in my mind.
I'd say 60-40 is pretty good considering we play each other every single year and you would expect it to even out the more you play if the schools are close to equal. Prior to your 4-0 run, Clemson had won 10 out of 15, or 67 percent of the past 15 meetings. You'd be hard pressed to find a another state rivalry where one of the teams had that kind of winning pecentage.

I think the law of averages is bound to start working against SC, hell we might just get lucky this year and pull out a win. Clemson has actually been 9-3 at USC since the 1980s.

Old 06-28-2013, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockinmoz View Post
How long are y'all going to play this BS with this troll? MY God,quite feeding him, he doesn't know jack.
that is why you won't debate me, b/c you know more than me. Guess we got to trust you on this, you go back to lurking now, timid one. This is a comment board so it wouldn't hurt to comment but doesn't seem like you got a whole lot of confidence to put an opinion out there.

I know everybody in this country thinks SC has one awesome football program historically, if we go by what you guys think. I haven't forgotten your 1 win seasons though, wasn't that long ago.

Old 06-28-2013, 08:41 PM

Florida leads FSU in that overall series by a similar 60-40% margin. But no one in their right minds ever says that Florida "dominates" that series.

Texas leads OU by a roughly 60-40 margin, but again, no one with a functioning brain cell says that Texas is "dominating" that series, either.

clemson has not dominated the overall series. It's more marketing spin from the Upstate cheese factory. Sorry. Not gonna fly here.

Old 06-28-2013, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Florida leads FSU in that overall series by a similar 60-40% margin. But no one in their right minds ever says that Florida "dominates" that series.

Texas leads OU by a roughly 60-40 margin, but again, no one with a functioning brain cell says that Texas is "dominating" that series, either.

clemson has not dominated the overall series. Sorry. Not gonna fly here.
I think 4 wins in a row 4 times, including an 8 out of 9 stretch, is pretty much dominance, since the 1980s. Lot SC's wins came back in the day when football was completely different sport, today's players got much more speed and physicality and offensive skill at passing. SC has really won 1 out of every 4 or 5 years since the late 1970s. You had to run off 4 in a row just to even make an argument it is a rivalry, in my view.

Old 06-28-2013, 08:45 PM

Quote:
I think 4 wins in a row 4 times, including an 8 out of 9 stretch, is pretty much dominance. Lot SC's wins came back in the day when football was completely different sport, today's players got much more speed and physicality and offensive skill at passing.
A bunch of clemson's wins came in the 1920's and 1930's, too.

If that don't grab you, how about this...in the last 70 years, clemson has a 40-30 lead. That's 57%. Not dominating. Just marketing spin.

Old 06-28-2013, 08:45 PM

Quote:

clemson has not dominated the overall series. It's more marketing spin from the Upstate cheese factory. Sorry. Not gonna fly here.
How many national titles does USC have. Has SC ever won the SEC even once?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or