U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area
 [Register]
Columbia area Columbia - Lexington - Irmo
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2013, 03:45 PM

425 posts, read 509,531 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvert Hall '62 View Post
Sorry ClemsonTiger45 for including this as your quote:

"Libs are the new plantation massuhs; no doubt about it."

My sentiment got mixed-up in your quote. It was inadvertent. My bad.
I don't know what you are talking about. Are you a lib trying to satire conservatives?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2013, 08:48 PM

9,617 posts, read 13,750,115 times
Does anyone know why Mr. Graham isn't married?

Graham on Supreme Court Ruling on Defense of Marriage Act | MidlandsBiz

Old 06-26-2013, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbiadata View Post
He has long been rumored to be gay. I thought everybody in SC knew this. Not exactly an big secret. That is why I laugh when liberals say people in SC hate gays. We voted for Lindsay several times.

I'm surprised to see liberals on here puffing him up because he seems like the poster boy of Reppublican hypocrisy on gay marriage similar to Larry Craig of Idaho.

Old 06-26-2013, 11:46 PM

6,636 posts, read 14,143,028 times
Lindsey is one of the biggest hypocrites out there.

Old 06-27-2013, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemsonTiger45 View Post
He has long been rumored to be gay. I thought everybody in SC knew this. Not exactly an big secret. That is why I laugh when liberals say people in SC hate gays. We voted for Lindsay several times.

I'm surprised to see liberals on here puffing him up because he seems like the poster boy of Reppublican hypocrisy on gay marriage similar to Larry Craig of Idaho.
Whether or not it's true that he's gay, South Carolinians on the whole don't mind gays as long as they're in the closet.

Old 06-27-2013, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Whether or not it's true that he's gay, South Carolinians on the whole don't mind gays as long as they're in the closet.
well if everybody knows, or at least believes, that a person in the closet is gay, is there much of difference? They are not really in the closet if everybody knows the secret.

I don't think most people in SC have a problem with gays, liberals and gays just construe people against gay marriage as being anti-gay and that isn't accurate.

Old 06-27-2013, 06:48 AM

6,157 posts, read 9,370,977 times
Quote:
well if everybody knows, or at least believes, that a person in the closet is gay, is there much of difference? They are not really in the closet if everybody knows the secret.

I don't think most people in SC have a problem with gays, liberals and gays just construe people against gay marriage as being anti-gay and that isn't accurate.

I think is a southern thing...we are known for keeping secrets and not openly/publicly discussing the obvious.. that goes for race, politics, and sexual preference. Its the famous "Dont Ask Dont Tell... " If he came out and openly said he was gay and embraced his partner on the steps of the courthouse to open up his re election campaign... He may still have corporate supporters but I wonder how many of the rest of the rank and file would still support him? Who knows.. maybe we have passed that point in SC but we shall see...

Old 06-27-2013, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodlands View Post
I think is a southern thing...we are known for keeping secrets and not openly/publicly discussing the obvious.. that goes for race, politics, and sexual preference. Its the famous "Dont Ask Dont Tell... " If he came out and openly said he was gay and embraced his partner on the steps of the courthouse to open up his re election campaign... He may still have corporate supporters but I wonder how many of the rest of the rank and file would still support him? Who knows.. maybe we have passed that point in SC but we shall see...
Well we have elected a woman and a black man in recent years so I really doubt being gay would hurt him. It would probably help these days because people want to prove they are tolerant, I think that was big factor in Obama winning twice b/c he has a thin resume and the economy would have defeated a white Democrat in re-election bid, I think.

I don't know many conservatives who like Graham, I think actually it is moderates/Democrats crossing over to vote for him in our open primaries b/c they know he is the best they will get in SC. I think if he loses support it will be more for his suicidal desire to legalize millions of illegal immigrants/ new Democrat voters. It is hard to believe he plays for Team Republican because there can't be a bigger assist to Democrats. I'm starting to wonder if he has dirt cheap Hispanic labor at his huge mansion in Seneca because he is so weird on this issue.

I don't think anybody ever opposed gays serving in the military it was just more about where do you house them because it is kind of an invasion of privacy to put them with the other men. They seperate men and women on the basis of sexuality so it seems like they should do that with gay men and straight men. I really should have the right to walk around in my boxers in my private living quarters without some dude checking me out if he wants to.

There was actually a gay conservative who goes by Gay Patriot who was planning on challenging Graham at one point. He is pro gay marriage but he would be much better than Graham on the other stuff and I would have voted for him but he wouldn't be able to raise the money to beat Graham. I really think Jim DeMint or Sanford or one of the Congressman republicans only ones who could beat Graham for the senate seat.

Last edited by ClemsonTiger45; 06-27-2013 at 07:16 AM..

Old 06-27-2013, 07:45 AM

Quote:

If he's gay and comes out, let's see if he even comes close to making it back to Washington in the next election.

Old 06-27-2013, 07:51 AM

Quote:
If he's gay and comes out, let's see if he even comes close to making it back to Washington in the next election.
Who would beat him in the primary? He just got too much name recognition and money to lose to anybody except Haley, Sanford, Tim Scot, Jim DeMint, the You Lie guy from Aiken who I forget his name, maybe the guy who beat Inglis in Greenville.

He has not even been close to losing in a primary or general election so I don't think the fact he is gay would damage him. He's managing to win despite most people in SC being against illegal immigration and that is his big issue for some reason.

I will admit, if his coming out as gay would cause him to lose, I know that I would be ok with that b/c he is really trying to make the GOP commit suicide by supporting legalinzg millions of future Democrat voters. I don't know how we could ever win elections after that. Anyway we can get rid of Lindsay is ok with me, ends justifies the means at this point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or